37693Re: [softrock40] Re:FYI Genesis Radio

  • k5nwa
    Nov 2, 2009
      At 05:38 AM 11/2/2009, you wrote:

      When you look at the **measured** specs of Tasa's designs they rate right up there with the FST designs I've seen measured right up to 30 Mhz .... The use of through hole parts and the 74HC4066 and NE5534 was intentional so everyone around the world had a shot at making one .... Tasa also has some SM designs that use a 74LVC components and designs with AD797 opamps .... I believe the lack of SMT parts was intentional, the target audience is different than the Softrocks and they aren't trying to compete, just expand the involvement in SDR to people who have been left out due to lack of experience in building or poor eyesight

      Tasa takes nothing for granted, he doesn't just hypothesize that his design is going to perform better because he used 'X' component, they are built, documented, and measured ... If you read everything on his website I guarantee you will learn something you didn't know .... Anyone who has been working with QSD's the last 7-8 years has been influenced by Tasa's work whether they realize it or not

      http://yu1lm.qrpradio.com/

      And don't forget to thank  K5NWA next time you see him for hosting this site  ... Come to think of it didn't he host some stuff for the Softrocks too a few years back?

      JR

      His site has more downloads that all my other sites put together, I'm glad he is going to make new designs, we need variety.

      Cecil
      k5nwa
      www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
      http://parts.softrockradio.org/  >