36683Re: Softrock V9.0, Attiny85 V2.0 and HF BPF Problem

  • g8voip
    Sep 20, 2009
      Hi there,

      Not sure where this thread started, but the v2.0 firmware does NOT have the ABPF function, that is unique to the versions of the firmware written by Fred PE0FKO, v15.xx.

      The only support for BPF switching using v2.0 firmware and PSDR is with a modified version of the SDR1kUSB.dll file, although I am not sure whether that actually works with PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 or not.

      Even if it did work, the combination of v2.0 firmware and PSDR-IQ is not very good, as it suffers from tuning glitches at every step as there is no Si570 'smooth tuning' function.

      It is far better to upgrade to one of Fred PE0FKO's versions of the firmware (v15.12), both for the ABPF filter control, and smooth tuning, implemented within the AVR firmware.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "RW3ACQ" <rw3acq@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Don! A colleague of mine's got the same problem with ATtiny85 and ABPF you wrote about. So as far as I understood he has to remove v.1.12.20, to istall v.1.12.1 following the instructions in the files section, G0BBL folder. If I'm not right, please correct me, because I'm the only one who can help him.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > 73's de Serge RW3ACQ

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic