32265Re: Beginners Programming Guide for ATtiny 45 / 85 devices

  • g8voip
    Apr 2, 2009
      Hi Alan,

      Thanks for the pointer to the Google site, I had not looked at that, only my Tiscali one. Gives me the choice to play with.

      As far as the installation of 'giveio.sys', I just did a couple of experiments and think I have found what the problem is.

      I ran the copy of the batch file I put in the directory where avrpp is and run it from the DOS prompt, and it failed to install it, could not find loaddrv.exe. I had assumed it was part of Windows and in one of the system directories. If fact it is part of the 'WinAVR' package.

      When I installed 'giveio.sys' on my PC, I did it from the original source in c:\winavr\bin folder when I was playing with avrdude. That folder contains the batch file plus giveio.sys and loaddrv.exe

      I just put a copy of loaddrv.exe in the same folder as avrpp and run the batch file again from there the DOS prompt and it worked ok this time.

      Guess I fooled myself, as I did not notice the failure to install with avrpp, but it worked ok as I had previously done it anyway.

      Something I need to update already then!

      Bob G8VOI