32261Re: [softrock40] Re: Beginners Programming Guide for ATtiny 45 / 85 devices

  • ashok joshi
    Apr 1, 2009
      Hi Bob

      Congratulations. You did a great job for beginners.
      We have A-one experts on our forum, but a clear cut directive for beginners like me was missing.
      You filled the gap very nicely.
      Thanks again
      73s
      ashok vu2ash

      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:37 AM, sailingto <sailingto@...> wrote:

      Bob, you are about 8 weeks too late with that GREAT write up on AVR programming. For the last couple of months or so I've been chasing in your footsteps it seems on learning about this stuff. We've taken different direction to some extent. Your write up is very good.

      Since I built Fred's fuserestorer board, I don't even try HV programming - When I need to re-use a chip, I just place the chip in the fuserestorer board, press the button, and it's back ready to take ISP again.

      Since I had a diecimila board I hacked it, made an adapter to plug a t45 or t85 chip into the 28 pin socket, then use avrdude to burn the hex file and set the fuse bits.

      you did very good - and thank you for your contribution.

      73 de Ken H>

      > Hi all,
      >
      > As a beginner, I have recently gone through the process of learning what hardware and software is needed to program and reprogram the ATtiny 45 / 85 devices for myself, in order to try out Fred PE0FKO's version of the SoftRock v9.0 firmware.
      appears to be a need for this basic information.

      > 73, Bob G8VOI

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic