      From: g8voip
      Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:08 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Beginners Programming Guide for ATtiny 45 / 85 devices

      Hi all,

      As a beginner, I have recently gone through the process of learning what hardware and software is needed to program and reprogram the ATtiny 45 / 85 devices for myself, in order to try out Fred PE0FKO's version of the SoftRock v9.0 firmware.

      Along the way I have managed to help a number of others in the same position. It was suggested to me that I document my experiences to possibly help others who are interested in doing the same.

      Fred PE0FKO has kindly put both web page and PDF versions of this guide on his site, with links from his firmware page:

      http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/SR- V9-Si570/

      web page:

      http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/g8voi_ guide/

      I am sure 'experts' in this subject will probably find fault with it, however from the number of queries I have received and answered in recent weeks there appears to be a need for this basic information.

      73, Bob G8VOI

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic