32230Re: [softrock40] need advice on what kit to buy in India

  • Tony Parks
    Apr 1, 2009
      Hi George,

      A low cost way to try an SDR receiver is the SoftRock Lite II kit.  For example: the Lite II kit for 40m operation has a DX price of $11 which includes the DX postage.

      The Lite II kit does have some SMT soldering of 1206 size capacitors and SOIC integrated circuits.  Other parts, such as resistors, are through hole.  The SMT soldering can be does by hand with a small soldering iron.

      Send me an e-mail if interested and I will give you more detail.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...

      On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 09:51 +0000, George Abraham wrote:
      I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
      I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
      George
      Bangalore
      India

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic