2409Re: [softrock40] Re: DDS spurs

  • FRANCIS CARCIA
    Jan 24, 2006
      Double balanced mixers love square wave LO and produce less distortion due to the speed through the switch point. A square wave is easier to filter into a sine than going the other way.

      KY1K <ky1k@...> wrote:
      At 09:25 PM 1/22/2006, you wrote:

      >Very true! I'm hoping some sharp fpga programmer figures out how to
      >make a variable frequency square wave because we don't need no
      >stinkin sine wave anyway.

      I'm sure this is highly debatable. If your frequency is low enough
      for a softrock-40 type application, then a square wave is fine.

      But, most of us need sinewaves............

      >The DDS has a way to go before it can compete with a good synthesizer design.
      >It is easy it is quick but it is not clean enough to be called premium grade.

      No argument here. DDS offers much though. A clean DDS would be a
      giant leap forward in the softrock type receiver/transceiver
      development effort.

      Does anyone know what frequency ECL logic can be clocked at?

      Art

    • Show all 43 messages in this topic