23772Re: [softrock40] Bye Bye Birdies- Spurs

  • Brian Lloyd
    Aug 2, 2008
      On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:45 PM, k5nwa wrote:

      > At 02:27 PM 8/1/2008, you wrote:
      > >By replacing the DDS (AD9854)in my Flex clone with the SI570
      > >gone are the annoying DDS spurs. Tony's new divider clock
      > >circuit was used as the interface.
      > > This was made possible by the modified Power SDR code by
      > >Christos SV1EIA with smooth tuning. This code now also stores both
      > >transmit and receive image rejection data for each band separately
      > >another big improvement. If you plan on using SSB or AM modes take a
      > >look at the modified Power SDR by Christos.
      > >
      > >Joe wa9cgz
      >
      > Getting rid of spurs, priceless!
      >
      > Good going, my SDR-1000 just ran out of warranty, that looks like a
      > worthwhile mod.specially on 10M and 6M the spurs drive you crazy.

      I know. That is an extremely annoying 'feature' of the Flex 5000 too.
      A *LOT* more birdies and spurs than I ever imagined would be there.

      Is the phase noise in the 570 as good as the DDS?

      --

      73 de Brian, WB6RQN
      Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com