21085Re: [softrock40] Standalone SoftRock. Q's about Xilinx DSP FPGA

  • k5nwa
    May 1, 2008
      At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:

      Recently, I have also started studying about FPGA's with the intention
      of playing with DSP and SDR.

      I think we have enough interest and momentum to start a discussion group
      and share ideas. For this, I have created the FPGA-SDR group.

      I made it clear that we are all beginners in this endeavor. :-)

      Please feel free to join. After a few days, I will close the
      subscriptions to prevent spams. If anyone would like to volunteer to
      help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.

      Cheers,

      -- Edson, n1vtn

      You need to make joining the list require approval by the moderator, so you can keep it open, people will join slowly over a large period of time.

      I'm usually against groups splintering off because it tends to have a negative impact on the original list but looking at the statistics of this group, it's quite healthy so I joined.

      There are many FPGA groups but most are way over the heads of someone starting out so I hope this group does well.

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com