      From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com [mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of N0FY
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:22 AM
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Re: SD Software?

      Hi Terry,
      Thanks for putting this in the proper perspective - I agree on everything you have said except for one thing.  I have been watching LINUX try to grow to a full blown OS for many years and while it is superior for specific characteristics I don't think I will hold my breath until it matures.  I have my doubts that it ever will - it seems to lack the management drive that it takes to make a single entity that does it all.  Right or Wrong if it can't at least do what MS OSs (including device support) do then it will never be a big box competitor.
      I hope I am wrong about LINUX because I truly believe it could be king of the hill with the right direction, management and stability, but that has yet to happen.
      73, Ray, N0FY