17274Re: Winrad 1.30

  • w7qjq
    Jan 2, 2008
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Len Warner <novost@...> wrote:

      > At 8:44 pm ((PST)) Mon Dec 31, 2007, in Digest 2085 w7qjq wrote:
      > >[snip] My cpu loading on this
      > >older XP machine dropped from about 70% to about 50%.
      > >But better... on my older Toshiba laptop which would immediately
      hit
      > >100% and crash with v1.25, now runs v1.3 at 80%.
      >
      > Please make these percentages more useful by
      > telling us of what cpu speed each is a fraction.

      > Regards, LenW

      Older desktop:
      generic, 2 GHz AMD x86 Family 6 Model 8
      512 MB RAM, XP Pro, Audigy SE

      Laptop:
      Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000, 1.1 GHz Intel x86 Family 6 Model 11
      512 MB RAM, XP Pro, Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA

      Percentages from Windows Task Manager, Performance.
      Percentage values wander around on both machines...the above values
      are best-case numbers.

      73, Sid W7QJQ
      Oklahoma
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic