17222Re: Softrock v6 40/80m RX

  • adibene
    Jan 1, 2008
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "gw0nkg" <mike.e.york@...> wrote:
      > I have checked the sound card settings, but am not sure if there may
      > be a problem with the Q signal missing as if I select left channel 'I'
      > on the mode setting of the software the waterfall display changes but
      > signals can still be seen and resolved, but if i select right channel
      > Q the signals disappear altogether !!

      if the signal displayed disappears when you select "Right channel
      only" under the Mode choice of Winrad, that means that the right
      channel does not receive any signal. That most probably is caused
      either by a wrong cable, a defective connector, or a cold soldering on
      the SDR PCB board, where the cable leaves the board.

      A missing left or right channel has as effect exactly what you see,
      i.e. the left half of the spectrum is a mirror of the right half.

      73 Alberto I2PHD
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic