10955Re: ICR-100 10.7MHz IF TAP Mod.

  • Len Warner
    May 2, 2007
      At 09:20 07/05/02, [softrock40] Digest Number 1723 wrote:
      > Posted by: "Kees & Sandy" windy10605@... keestheham
      > Date: Tue May 1, 2007 7:54 am ((PDT))
      >
      >Attached
      >73 Kees K5BCQ

      No it b***dy isn't!

      See message #10942:

      >Attachment(not stored)
      >E740067E%20XG1%20errata%20rev%20C1.pdf
      >Type:
      >application/pdf

      and take heed of the "not stored"

      Nor _should_ it be: read Bill's post carefully;

      >-- Bill Dumke <billd@...> wrote:
      >Kees,
      >
      >Can you send me a link to the errata sheet ? I couldn't find it.
      >
      >Thanks, Bill wa9pwr

      He asked for a _link_, not a _copy_!

      Elecraft publish their manuals at
      http://www.elecraft.com/manual/

      If you would prefer a tabulated contents list, see
      http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm
      the Elecraft Document Download Page,
      AKA "Document and Software Download Page".

      Instead, you have sent everyone on individual email
      a copy of something Bill didn't ask for and which
      will be no use to them unless they own an XG1.

      {
      And precious little use to them even if they do...

      The erratum is a modification to R8, in the 34dB attenuator

      Theoretical: 34dB 1252R469 series, 52R035 shunt, Zo=50R

      Original: 34.09dB 1K27 52R3 Zo=50R27

      Modified: 33.89dB 1K24 52R3 Zo=50R22

      [ Calculated using "Pi Attenuator Calculator" by Chemandy Electronics
      http://chemandy.com/calculators/calculator-index.htm, also fits
      well between the 30dB & 35dB rows in table "Pi-Network Resistive
      Attenuators (50R)" in ARRL Handbook 2001 [30.48]. ]

      Is it worth making the mod on an already-built XG1,
      for an attenuation adjustment of around +/- 0.1dB?

      Probably not.

      Is it worth Bill making the mod, if, as he appears to be,
      he is not operating his XG1 into a 50R load?

      Certainly not - he should fix the load impedance first.
      }

      Fortunately, the digest protects me from this :-)
      but not from the approximately 64 lines of quote
      you appended to your one-word post :-(

      >Kees & Sandy wrote:
      > >
      > > I went to the Elecraft site and .......AH, HA, there is an eratta
      > > changing one of the 1uV pad

      It isn't a "1uV" pad, it is a 34dB pad - if it is properly terminated.
      Then, if it is fed 50uV it will deliver 1uV to the load.
      That's two ifs , only the second of which is under Elecraft's control.

      >resistors for both the XG1 and XG2
      > > ....seems like R8 is supposed to be 1.24Kohm.

      And if you didn't top-post, this would have been in logical order
      and I wouldn't have needed to reiterate it above in my explanation.

      Regards, LenW
      --
      Content of a follow-up post should exceed quoted content. (rfc1855)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic