10175Re: RXTXv6.1 kits status March 31.

  • imitchel4you
    Apr 2, 2007
      Hi Tony,

      I wonder if you might consider one of the PLL clock multiplier devices
      like the ICS502 as a clock source. It is an 8 pin SOIC (so no more
      difficult to use than any of the other ICs in the kits), has a crystal
      oscillator (so you can use the oscillator output directly) and a PLL
      with multiplication factors of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.3, 4, and 5, using a 2 bit
      input control word. Other devices have x6 and x8. The max output
      frequency is 160MHz.

      It might be useful to get into the higher bands.

      Many thanks for your efforts so far, and best of luck with the new
      round of kits.

      Cheers, Ian

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:
      > Good Morning All,
      > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
      > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
      > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
      > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
      > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
      > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
      > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
      > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
      > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic