Re: Shoe story from uganda

  • fdkayiwa
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 12:54 AM
      Yesterday i talked to CHARLSE YIGA from UGANDA CRAFTS
      and we had agood convasation about local shoe making and repairing
      here were go on

      FRED:What activities do you carry out here in your workshop ican see
      you are very busy?

      CHARLSE:We have many activities that keeps us busy and we do m ake
      the lather shoes for both men and women, we make knife covers and
      other things from animal skins

      FRED:Were do you get the animal skins from:
      CHARLSE:We get them from within uganda and outside
      we normaly use goats and cow'skin because it is much available for us
      but if we can get also lather from rabbits,snakes we can stil use
      them for sastainable shoes.

      FRED:what side of the foot gets much injury:
      CHRALSE:oviously it is the right side of the foot beacause it poses
      much energy in it that the left one
      and when people are doing or walking they do use much side of the
      right foot
      look at the driving here.

      FRED:What sex brings much shoes for fixing
      CHARLSE: well its the women that brings much shoes for fixing reason
      being that they normaly but temporary shoes because they want many
      shoes to make design on each and every cloth they put on you find
      that they put on maching shoes\
      so they are extravagant. but when it comes to shoe shining then it
      is the men because normaly ladies shoes are less polished than for
      men
      men normaly puts on lather shoes wich needs polishing and they have
      less time so they come very early to work in town and we get cance
      to polish for them.

      and another thiong here its different compaire to other countries
      because most people buy palstic shoes from CHINA,TAIWAN,THAILAND,AND
      OTHER because they look to be cheap and they are lasting for ashot
      time so you wonder wich one is cheap
      because our hand made shoes here for men can last for more that 4yrs
      and for ladies 2years and above they only get sole injury and we
      repair them
      but the palstic shoes not even amonth they are down
      normally BATA used to bring sastaibale shoes but these days it is
      nomore
      we onlyhave good shoes from foreign country and this is ITALY AND
      ENGLAND
      but the rest no we do produce the good quality of shoes

      how ever we get some problems
      with lack of gum,skins,machines like we use many machines like
      shweeng machine,finishing machine and more machine.
      shoes have got some effect to people like
      som people have allagey with skin shoes, they can cause cone to some
      people but of carse these are the few people.\
      but we get money from this job although here in uganda repairing
      shoes is regarded as the poor job or cheap job, we are happy for it
      beacuse you can even do it at home, you dont have to pay much tax,
      you dont have to pay much capital.

      imean its so easy to do it but you have to be detamined to do this
      job
      otherwise we hope if we get much machines we can do more shoes and
      reapir much and then get market for it

      oh ya that was cahrlse talking about his job and represented his
      friends beacsue the workshop has more that 6people
      otherwise he is much intrested to join us on the lab so onger as
      iwill be interpriting or him in his languange.

      kayiwa fred
      one reaching another
      p.obox 3490 kampala uganda
      tel:256782371003
    • Jerry Jimenez
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 19 5:01 AM
        Thank you Jeniffer. Please unsubcribe me now.

        <http://mailcenter3.comcast.net/wm/toolbar/www.sandhillcranberry.com>

        > > *From:*
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 19 7:03 AM
          Know something,

          Community resource network project in Rusinga Island- aims to investigate the extent of interest and activity in the use of ICT, and to open up discussion and stimulate action research in this and find out if our community could inherit the new invented information technology in the isolated areas.

          The project’s aims and objectives are long term in collaboration between  NGOs organization in Rusinga Island , a scientific center in Suba District and Malaria Surveillance team members who were to be trained on ways of using computers to enter data. The first trainer’s work in various areas of adult learning, including community education, and further training on the media handling policies. Each of them is interested in developing their own ICT skills, and introducing ICT in their own community working practices while doing social work.

          Despite initial feelings from some of the community members that there is threat, that would not derive any benefit from the integration of ICT into their media understanding and handling, the result could be seen after only a few months (eight)- it shows that many interested people of all ages become more motivated and more confident with their own understanding of information technology. ICT is not suggested as a substitute for paper and pencil exercises, but as an additional resource to allow people understand to develop their own information skills.

          As this imaginative project is picking up with efforts from collaborators, friends of Udogo- Mendenyo, social networks with Miniciu Sodas (a think tank for independent thinkers); the community members have decided that it would be useful to further develop some of the ideas and products of information initiated by the action teams; Malaria Surveillance Team and Technology information team coordinated by Samwel Kongere and make this available for the people such as youths, women and children throughout the District. We need more learning resources and this is the main problem, we are coming up against volunteers who don’t give up their time, lack of sufficient ICT materials for taking learning lessons, we have to invent different approaches to tackle the digital gap which still face the community and engage many who are willing to take up media as their form of correspondence.
          Samwel.

          Samwel Okech kongere
          Nyamuga primary school
          P.O BOX 191,
          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
          Cell: +254 725 600 439
          FOSS ADMIRER
          Community Development

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        • ouma richard
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 19 10:23 AM
            --- samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

            > Know something,
            >
            > Community resource network project in Rusinga
            > Island- aims to investigate the extent of interest
            > and activity in the use of ICT, and to open up
            > discussion and stimulate action research in this and
            > find out if our community could inherit the new
            > invented information technology in the isolated
            > areas.
            >
            > The project’s aims and objectives are long term in
            > collaboration between NGOs organization in Rusinga
            > Island , a scientific center in Suba District and
            > Malaria Surveillance team members who were to be
            > trained on ways of using computers to enter data.
            > The first trainer’s work in various areas of adult
            > learning, including community education, and further
            > training on the media handling policies. Each of
            > them is interested in developing their own ICT
            > skills, and introducing ICT in their own community
            > working practices while doing social work.
            >
            > Despite initial feelings from some of the
            > community members that there is threat, that would
            > not derive any benefit from the integration of ICT
            > into their media understanding and handling, the
            > result could be seen after only a few months
            > (eight)- it shows that many interested people of all
            > ages become more motivated and more confident with
            > their own understanding of information technology.
            > ICT is not suggested as a substitute for paper and
            > pencil exercises, but as an additional resource to
            > allow people understand to develop their own
            > information skills.
            >
            > As this imaginative project is picking up with
            > efforts from collaborators, friends of Udogo-
            > Mendenyo, social networks with Miniciu Sodas (a
            > think tank for independent thinkers); the community
            > members have decided that it would be useful to
            > further develop some of the ideas and products of
            > information initiated by the action teams; Malaria
            > Surveillance Team and Technology information team
            > coordinated by Samwel Kongere and make this
            > available for the people such as youths, women and
            > children throughout the District. We need more
            > learning resources and this is the main problem, we
            > are coming up against volunteers who don’t give up
            > their time, lack of sufficient ICT materials for
            > taking learning lessons, we have to invent different
            > approaches to tackle the digital gap which still
            > face the community and engage many who are willing
            > to take up media as their form of correspondence.
            > Samwel.
            >

            > Samwel Okech kongere
            > Nyamuga primary school
            > P.O BOX 191,
            > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
            > Cell: +254 725 600 439
            > FOSS ADMIRER
            > Community Development
            > UDOGO youth development group-coordinator
            > Thanks alot for the update. But I have some
            questions as follows.
            > Tell me more about ICT?.
            > How can I develope knowledge of good comunication
            skills on my own?
            > What approach are you taking to tackle digital
            problems as I and my comunity is affected?

            http://mail.yahoo.com