Is our way of life turning sadness into clinical depression?

  • experience_shaughnessy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2005
      G'day folks! I'm writing an article on that very question for my
      schools newspaper. After reading Daniel Quinns's 'Ishmael' and coming
      across the idea that our way of life is indeed causing clinical
      depression which can and often does lead to suicide, I've decided to
      find out how Daniel arrived at this idea. Also, if indeed his idea of
      people in primitive cultures not suffering from any form of clinical
      depression. Anyhow, does anyone know of any well written online essays
      or news articles on the matter?

      Cheers!