question -- anyone in cerritos/cypress run car on svo? - seek insight

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2009
      ive tried a few biodiesel experiments, but was wondering really how
      hard it is to get a diesel car to work with svo? - what are the steps
      - biodiesel takes way too much time - was thinking of a separate tank
      in trunk for engine ready svo w/ heating element, with another storage
      / filtration assembly in trunk to clean the svo - would this work?
      have a vw jetta and am in norwalk area -- but can travel to OC/LA -
      just interested in other setups in my area and how realistically
      practical svo is compared to biodeisel.
    • Dale
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2009

        I have a 1984 300D and many other old benz diesels over the years and I blend 50-50 in the summer and 60 petrol to 40 used filter or new vegi oil in the tank.  Even on cold mornings 17 degrees she will start on the second attempt.  In the hottest months of the summer 90+ for a morning tempature I will run 80% vegi.  The o ly mod I did was install a racor diesel filter/water sepaeator before the prefilter.  I have done this with 5 different benz with no problems.  good luck

        Dale Bolger
        Victorville, CA