svo conversion for mercedes 1984,, anyone anywhere besides lovecraft?

  • misstrejo
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27 2:52 AM
      hello there,
      so i am finally taking the initiative to convert a mercedes to run on
      veggie oil. my model is a 1984 300sd 5 cylinder mercedes.
      do you know anyone or anywhere besides lovecraft that can do the
      conversion. looking for the most cost effective way to do this.
      lovecraft seems a bit steep at over $800 dollars. would greatly
      appreciate any tips, leads, links etc. THANKS!!!!
      xoxox
      bren
      misstrejo@...
    • Amy Galland
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
        Mike @ huntington beach benz is great & a mb mechanic to boot
        Sent via BlackBerry

        so i am finally taking the initiative to convert a mercedes to run on
        veggie oil. my model is a 1984 300sd 5 cylinder mercedes.
        do you know anyone or anywhere besides lovecraft that can do the
        conversion. looking for the most cost effective way to do this.
        lovecraft seems a bit steep at over $800 dollars. would greatly
        appreciate any tips, leads, links etc. THANKS!!!!
        xoxox
        bren
        misstrejo@yahoo. <mailto:misstrejo%40yahoo.com> com
      • Jim Pasquini

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
            I am in full agreement. ANYWHERE but Lovecraft. Find a 2-tank system
            that you can afford, you'll be much happier in the long run. We went
            with a Frybrid, you can check them out at www.frybrid.com

            best of luck,
            jvs

            --- In socalsvo@yahoogroups.com, "misstrejo" <misstrejo@...> wrote:

            > hello there,
            > so i am finally taking the initiative to convert a mercedes to run on
            > veggie oil. my model is a 1984 300sd 5 cylinder mercedes.
            > do you know anyone or anywhere besides lovecraft that can do the
            > conversion. looking for the most cost effective way to do this.
            > lovecraft seems a bit steep at over $800 dollars. would greatly
            > appreciate any tips, leads, links etc. THANKS!!!!
            > xoxox
            > bren
            > misstrejo@...

          • Quinoa
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2008
              The SoyCar single tank kit is $100 cheaper, is ON SIGHT (will show up
              to you and do the conversion same day), allows electrical preheating,
              uses a 16-plate heat exchanger instead of the single plate one that
              LoveCraft uses, and includes new fuel lines, new primary and secondary
              fuel filters, dash mounted switch to control the filter heater and
              injection-line heaters. Choice seems clear.

              Daniel Eppolito
              www.SoyCar.com
              daniel@...

              --- In socalsvo@yahoogroups.com, "misstrejo" <misstrejo@...> wrote:

              > hello there,
              > so i am finally taking the initiative to convert a mercedes to run on
              > veggie oil. my model is a 1984 300sd 5 cylinder mercedes.
              > do you know anyone or anywhere besides lovecraft that can do the
              > conversion. looking for the most cost effective way to do this.
              > lovecraft seems a bit steep at over $800 dollars. would greatly
              > appreciate any tips, leads, links etc. THANKS!!!!
              > xoxox
              > bren
              > misstrejo@...

            • John Spezzano
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2008
                If long term use of your car is not an issue, definitely save the
                money and go with a single tank system. If you want to get some years
                out of it you will need a 2-tank system. No single tank system can
                properly heat the oil prior to injection and will eventually ruin your
                engine. Mercedes Benz diesels are very tough engines and the So Cal
                climate can make you think it's working fine, but it's not. There are
                many 2-tank systems out there to choose from, don't be seduced by
                small initial savings that will cost you THOUSANDS down the line.

                I don't have any financial interest in Frybrid, but would suggest you
                visit their site (www.frybrid.com) and check out their forum. Plenty
                of people MUCH more knowledgeable than me sharing their experiences
                for our benefit.

                best of luck,
                jvs

                --- In socalsvo@yahoogroups.com, "Quinoa" <deppolito@...> wrote:

                > The SoyCar single tank kit is $100 cheaper, is ON SIGHT (will show up
                > to you and do the conversion same day), allows electrical preheating,
                > uses a 16-plate heat exchanger instead of the single plate one that
                > LoveCraft uses, and includes new fuel lines, new primary and secondary
                > fuel filters, dash mounted switch to control the filter heater and
                > injection-line heaters. Choice seems clear.
                >
                > Daniel Eppolito
                > www.SoyCar.com
                > daniel@...
                >

                > --- In socalsvo@yahoogroups.com, "misstrejo" <misstrejo@> wrote:
                > >
                > > hello there,
                > > so i am finally taking the initiative to convert a mercedes to run on
                > > veggie oil. my model is a 1984 300sd 5 cylinder mercedes.
                > > do you know anyone or anywhere besides lovecraft that can do the
                > > conversion. looking for the most cost effective way to do this.
                > > lovecraft seems a bit steep at over $800 dollars. would greatly
                > > appreciate any tips, leads, links etc. THANKS!!!!
                > > xoxox
                > > bren
                > > misstrejo@

              • Jaclyn Cardozo
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
                  Hi Amy,

                  Do you have the phone number/address for the dealership? I can't
                  find it online.

                  Thanks!
                  Jaclyn

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008