Yahoo groups

  • patrick_vervooren
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
      Hi Patrick Ver Vooren
      again
      What is yahoo groups Neo?
      And how do i check my account and what do i do to fix it so i can get my yahoo groups.

      Thank you
      Patrick Ver Vooren
      E-mail Pat31365@...
    • newnethboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
        YG Neo is an all-new Web interface for YG (and more, apparently they're
        attempting to rebuild the code that operates Groups). There have been nearly
        a thousand posts on it on the group that's for YG owners, mostly because
        it's--to put it as charitably as possible--not ready for prime time.

        Several parts of it seem to not work, to not work right, and/or to work now
        but not tomorrow.

        How do you fix it? You don't. You can complain to Yahoo! (though many have
        questioned if that's going to do any good at all), or you can wait until
        they get it fixed.

        Check out the posts at
        http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/
        (Note that Yahoo! does not use YG as a place to comment on YG!)

        (Some group members might be interested in this article:
        http://gizmodo.com/5910223/how-yahoo-killed-flickr-and-lost-the-internet
        "How Yahoo Killed Flickr and Lost the Internet".)

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
          Hi Patrick Ver Vooren again
          Were and how do i check the ststus of my account and how to do it?
          So that means for awhile i will not get any E-mails from my groups till they get it fix right?
          So when i start to get E-mails form the yahoo groups that will mean they got it all fix right?

          Thank you everone for this information on what is going on with the Yahoo groups.

          Patrick Ver Vooren
          E-mail Pat31365@...
        • newnethboy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
            The roll-out of Neo has been thus far user-by-user. If you login to YG in a
            browser (many of us here seldom do that, relying instead on email to receive
            from and send to the group), you will either see the interface you're used
            to or the new interface.

            However, I'm not sure that's directly connected with the mail delivery
            problem. (I suspect the roll-out of Neo and the delivery problem are
            connected, but not whether one has been "Neo-ed".)

            My guess is that you've summed up "the cure": When the mail starts coming
            through, maybe they have it fixed.