Significant Weather Possible this weekend

  • Benny
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013

      Still a little early in the development stages, but an unusual tropical wave is progged by computer forecast models to move northward through the region this weekend. While we may see a temporary reprieve from the monsoonal thundershowers over the next couple of days, they are expected to return by Friday and increase over the weekend with strong thunderstorms and the potential for wide-spread heavy rainfall and a significant flash flooding threat Sunday and Monday across southern California. Models are actually generating up to 9 inches of rain across the area, this is not a joke.

      While this is likely way overdone and could turn out to be just another typical surge of monsoon moisture, it is worthy of mentioning and paying close attention to with recent fires as we head towards the weekend.

      If anything significant changes I'll shoot out another email, and you can always stay updated with my forecast at bensweather.com

      -Ben Brissey

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8709 (20130820) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2013

        Our storm has now formed towards the southern tip of Baja. While it may turn into a tropical storm, it will fall apart rapidly as it drifts northward over the cooler ocean waters. Thereafter it's exact track will make the major difference between a ton of rain across southern California to little or nothing. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep4+shtml/145110.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

        A good bet is still scattered afternoon showers & thunderstorms developing over the weekend and continuing across the mtns and deserts into next week.

        -Ben

        Bensweather.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8713 (20130821) __________

        http://www.eset.com