Re: Any idea where I can find a WSDL generator?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 9:05 AM
      Hi, allierogers@...!

      --- allierogers@... wrote:
      > Any idea where I can find a WSDL generator? I'm primarily using
      > SOAP::Lite as a server. Your WSDL client stuff is GREAT and good
      > for testing ...but how I can generate a WSDL file, easily?
      It's on my todo list, but it's not so easy, because though typeless
      of Perl simplify parsing/creating SOAP messages it creates problems
      for WSDL generation. There is no information for proper service
      description. So, you need to specify in some way what parameters with
      what types you want to accept. I'm still working on interface, and it
      won't be done soon unless you have ideas how this information could
      be provided.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 11:47 AM
        Hi, Allie!

        I though about similar approach, for example return generated WSDL
        description on GET method and execute actual request on POST, but
        again it's up to implementor on server side how to create this WSDL
        file and I cannot be much helpful in this case. I like your idea
        about providing simple XMl description, but again, that means create
        something new (read proprietary) standard and I think we have enough
        (truly I don't like the idea of description files in Apache, but it's
        just IMHO, that's the reason why I'm creating true packages, bith in
        memory and on disk). As the result, I'm still in process of thinking
        how to do it on server side, but I'm aware of this and as soon as
        we'll have some solid ideas on it, it'll be done. No doubts. :))
        Any ideas?

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/