Re: [soaplite] SOAP response specification question

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2001
      Hi, Mark!

      > Is the "Response" appendix to the method name part of the SOAP
      > response
      > *specification*, or is it just that all examples do this?
      That's the part of SOAP spec, but it's not mandatory:

      "The name of the return value accessor is not significant. Likewise,
      the name of the struct is not significant. However, a convention is
      to name it after the method name with the string "Response"
      appended."

      SOAP::Lite (as well as many other tollkits) doesn't rely on the name
      of the return element. But it appends 'Response' as SOAP spec
      suggests. SOAP Cookbook (http://cookbook.soaplite.com/) has example
      on how to alter this behavior on server side.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Mark Wilkinson <mwilkinson@...> wrote:
      > Can anyone clarify something for me:
      >
      > in all examples I have seen, a SOAP request contains, of course,
      > the
      > method name (eg GetMoney). The SOAP response contains the method
      > name
      > with "response" appended to it (eg. GetMoneyResponse).
      >
      > Is the "Response" appendix to the method name part of the SOAP
      > response
      > *specification*, or is it just that all examples do this?

      > --
      > --------------------------------
      > "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."
      >
      > Dr. Mark Wilkinson