RE: [soaplite] HTTP Keep-Alive and performance concerns

  • Taras Shkvarchuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
      I have looked into keep alive, the problem is that underlying module.
      LWP::UserAgent doesn't support it. So in order to allow Keep-Alive or HTTPS
      proxy you'd have to modify the transport module.
      If any of you have time/will to do so I'd love to try it out myself. ;)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
        Hi, Taras!

        Sorry if I'm slow in my replies. I'm on vacation and have sporadic
        access to my mail. It'll continue during this week also (I'll be at
        P2P conference), but I'll try to answer most of the questions this
        week.

        > LWP::UserAgent doesn't support it. So in order to allow Keep-Alive
        As for Keep-Alive, latest LWP supports that as far as I remember and
        to switch it on you need to specify KeepAlive => 1 or something
        similar in constructor. This may require however changes in the way
        SOAP::Lite makes requests (maybe not). I will take a look when I'll
        be back. Your help will be appreciated ;)

        I also remember some new features re HTTPS proxy added in
        Crypt::SSLeay/LWP::Protocol::https. Could someone take a look there?
        Thanks.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Taras Shkvarchuk <tshkvarchuk@...> wrote:
        > I have looked into keep alive, the problem is that underlying
        > module.
        > LWP::UserAgent doesn't support it. So in order to allow Keep-Alive
        > or HTTPS
        > proxy you'd have to modify the transport module.
        > If any of you have time/will to do so I'd love to try it out
        > myself. ;)

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com