Re: when is a ->call(Method) not a ->Method call?

  • mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001

      > I think it's too long ;)

      thank you for your welcome, and for your rapid reply!

      > $service = SOAP::Lite->service('http://....wsdl');
      > $service->Method(@args); # returns *real* result
      > $service->call(Method => @args); # isn't available in this case

      aha! So my last couple of weeks have been wasted trying to make
      something work that *can't* work :-) Okay, next time I'll spend less
      time lurking and more time questioning!!

      > $service->call

      yeah, that's what I am doing... I just thought it was a bit "messy" to
      do it that way, and was wondering why I wasn't able to do it the other
      way.

      > "Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service
      > description)"

      I had a feeling that this was a part of the problem. I had noticed
      that, although WSDL has a "slot" for transport in the soap:binding, it
      doesn't seem to make much difference what uri I put in there... so I
      assumed that it was ignored.

      Well, I'm relieved to have that all sorted out! I have one more
      problem, but I want to work on it myself for a while before I ask the
      group, otherwise I will never learn this stuff deeply...

      thanks Paul!

      Mark