Re: [soaplite] Reply-to

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
      Hi, Gisle!

      Yes, 'Reply to All' is the default setting. I switched it to
      'Reply-To to Author (replies go to sender)'. Let's see how it works.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Gisle Aas <gisle@...> wrote:
      > This group adds an evil 'Reply-To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com' to the
      > messages it forwards. This breaks threads that are cross-posted
      > between multiple groups. Can it be turned off?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Gisle

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Chris Davies
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
        The problem with this is that you then rarely get replies copied to the list
        (people forget). This means your archive ends up being a collection of
        questions but no useful answers.

        Chris

        --- Gisle Aas <gisle@...> wrote:
        > This group adds an evil 'Reply-To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com' to the
        > messages it forwards. This breaks threads that are cross-posted
        > between multiple groups. Can it be turned off?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Gisle

      • Garrett Goebel
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
          RE: [soaplite] Reply-to

          From: Chris Davies [mailto:Chris.Davies@...]

          > The problem with this is that you then rarely get replies
          > copied to the list (people forget). This means your archive
          > ends up being a collection of questions but no useful answers.
          >
          > Chris

          This topic usually grows quick into religious fervor. Everyone has lots of good reasons to suit their particular bent.  Can we please skip the wasted bandwidth and just submit to what Paul thinks best for his list?

        • Ivan R. Judson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
            RE: [soaplite] Reply-to

            Ivan stands quickly and shouts, "AMEN!"