Reply-to

  • Gisle Aas
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
      This group adds an evil 'Reply-To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com' to the
      messages it forwards. This breaks threads that are cross-posted
      between multiple groups. Can it be turned off?

      Regards,
      Gisle
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
        Hi, Gisle!

        Yes, 'Reply to All' is the default setting. I switched it to
        'Reply-To to Author (replies go to sender)'. Let's see how it works.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Gisle Aas <gisle@...> wrote:
        > This group adds an evil 'Reply-To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com' to the
        > messages it forwards. This breaks threads that are cross-posted
        > between multiple groups. Can it be turned off?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Gisle

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Chris Davies
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
          The problem with this is that you then rarely get replies copied to the list
          (people forget). This means your archive ends up being a collection of
          questions but no useful answers.

          Chris

          --- Gisle Aas <gisle@...> wrote:
          > This group adds an evil 'Reply-To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com' to the
          > messages it forwards. This breaks threads that are cross-posted
          > between multiple groups. Can it be turned off?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Gisle

        • Garrett Goebel
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
            RE: [soaplite] Reply-to

            From: Chris Davies [mailto:Chris.Davies@...]

            > The problem with this is that you then rarely get replies
            > copied to the list (people forget). This means your archive
            > ends up being a collection of questions but no useful answers.
            >
            > Chris

            This topic usually grows quick into religious fervor. Everyone has lots of good reasons to suit their particular bent.  Can we please skip the wasted bandwidth and just submit to what Paul thinks best for his list?

          • Ivan R. Judson
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
              RE: [soaplite] Reply-to

              Ivan stands quickly and shouts, "AMEN!"