RE: [soaplite] Inheritance issue...

  • Ivan R. Judson
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
      Ok, a summary that might be clear enough to help is the following:

      I have a super class G, with methods event, and d_event.
      I have subclasses D and C.
      D implements neither event nor d_event.
      C implements event by calling SUPER::event, then iterating over it's list of
      D's and calling D->event.

      C and D are SOAP servers on different machines.

      C->event works, and it calls D->d_event. D->d_event never gets passed to G,
      where it's implemented.

      I'm working on simple example code, but it's a hairy problem :-).

      --Ivan

    • Bill Jones
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
        On 10/29/01 12:52 PM, "Paul Kulchenko" <paulclinger@...> wrote:

        > My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
        > to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
        > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
        > provide. Thank you.

        Hello again :)

        I am sorry to be a pest, but I am having trouble trying to get this
        converted to a Perl/SOAPLite script:

        POST /bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx HTTP/1.1
        Host: 207.203.95.95
        SOAPAction: "http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/ClassRoster"

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <soap:Body>
        <ClassRoster xmlns="http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/">
        <strBrokerID>string</strBrokerID>
        <strClassReferenceNumber>string</strClassReferenceNumber>
        <strTerm>string</strTerm>
        </ClassRoster>
        </soap:Body>
        </soap:Envelope>

        Is example 5.a in the guide.soaplite.com site the one I should try to cram
        this into?

        ???
        -Sx-