Re: [soaplite] SOAPLite

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
      Hi, Bill!

      You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
      http://cookbook.soaplite.com

      > The actual stuff I downloaded could use some more examples with
      > copious notes.
      My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
      to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
      and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
      provide. Thank you.

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Ivan R. Judson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
        Hey Paul,

        Thanks for the quick response! How does proxy issue you describe interact
        with the inheritance problem described before? I believe I'm running into
        the inheritance problem described by your example:

        > > > I'm not aware of any platform-dependant issues. Client/server
        > > code
        > > > definitely will help (you can send it offlist at
        > > > paulclinger@...). Only one ISA-related aspect that comes to
        > > my
        > > > mind is problem with this code:
        > > >
        > > > A->a;
        > > >
        > > > package A;
        > > >
        > > > @ISA = 'B'; # class B has method 'a'
        > > >
        > > > specified inheritance will not work unless package+ISA
        > > combination is
        > > > wrapped into BEGIN{} block.

        And when I do the begin block I start to see the send_recieve error. A
        small example is difficult, since I've got a hairy thing I'm trying to get
        working...I'll work on it.

        --Ivan
      • Bill Jones
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
          >> Where is the FAQ and examples site (if any) for this list?
          > You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
          > http://cookbook.soaplite.com

          Thx :)

          > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
          > provide. Thank you.

          OK :) So long as you asked :)
          -Sx-
        • Ivan R. Judson
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
            Ok, a summary that might be clear enough to help is the following:

            I have a super class G, with methods event, and d_event.
            I have subclasses D and C.
            D implements neither event nor d_event.
            C implements event by calling SUPER::event, then iterating over it's list of
            D's and calling D->event.

            C and D are SOAP servers on different machines.

            C->event works, and it calls D->d_event. D->d_event never gets passed to G,
            where it's implemented.

            I'm working on simple example code, but it's a hairy problem :-).

            --Ivan

          • Bill Jones
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
              On 10/29/01 12:52 PM, "Paul Kulchenko" <paulclinger@...> wrote:

              > My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
              > to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
              > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
              > provide. Thank you.

              Hello again :)

              I am sorry to be a pest, but I am having trouble trying to get this
              converted to a Perl/SOAPLite script:

              POST /bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx HTTP/1.1
              Host: 207.203.95.95
              SOAPAction: "http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/ClassRoster"

              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
              <soap:Body>
              <ClassRoster xmlns="http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/">
              <strBrokerID>string</strBrokerID>
              <strClassReferenceNumber>string</strClassReferenceNumber>
              <strTerm>string</strTerm>
              </ClassRoster>
              </soap:Body>
              </soap:Envelope>

              Is example 5.a in the guide.soaplite.com site the one I should try to cram
              this into?

              ???
              -Sx-