RE: [soaplite] Inheritance issue...

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
      Hi, Ivan!

      Small client code that produces this error will definitely be
      helpful.

      You may get this error if you do something like:

      my $proxy = 'http:/...';
      use SOAP::Lite
      proxy => $proxy;

      This code will NOT work even if you wrap it into BEGIN block (I
      posted explanaition on this list about a month ago. This is the way
      Perl works). If that's you case you can do something like this:

      my $proxy = 'http:/...';
      use SOAP::Lite;
      SOAP::Lite->self->proxy($proxy);

      -- OR --

      use constant PROXY => 'http:/...';
      use SOAP::Lite
      proxy => PROXY;

      Hope it helps. Let me know if it's something else.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- "Ivan R. Judson" <judson@...> wrote:

      > I believe this is exactly my problem. But, when I put the
      > package+ISA into
      > a BEGIN{} block, I get "can't call method send_recieve on an
      > undefined value
      > at ... 395."
      >
      > It's getting sticky now, I'm wondering if I've wandered down the
      > wrong path
      > for what I'm trying to do...
      >
      > --Ivan

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Bill Jones
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
        Where is the FAQ and examples site (if any) for this list?

        The actual stuff I downloaded could use some more examples with copious
        notes.

        Thx :]
        -Sx-
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
          Hi, Bill!

          You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
          http://cookbook.soaplite.com

          > The actual stuff I downloaded could use some more examples with
          > copious notes.
          My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
          to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
          and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
          provide. Thank you.

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Ivan R. Judson
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
            Hey Paul,

            Thanks for the quick response! How does proxy issue you describe interact
            with the inheritance problem described before? I believe I'm running into
            the inheritance problem described by your example:

            > > > I'm not aware of any platform-dependant issues. Client/server
            > > code
            > > > definitely will help (you can send it offlist at
            > > > paulclinger@...). Only one ISA-related aspect that comes to
            > > my
            > > > mind is problem with this code:
            > > >
            > > > A->a;
            > > >
            > > > package A;
            > > >
            > > > @ISA = 'B'; # class B has method 'a'
            > > >
            > > > specified inheritance will not work unless package+ISA
            > > combination is
            > > > wrapped into BEGIN{} block.

            And when I do the begin block I start to see the send_recieve error. A
            small example is difficult, since I've got a hairy thing I'm trying to get
            working...I'll work on it.

            --Ivan
          • Bill Jones
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
              >> Where is the FAQ and examples site (if any) for this list?
              > You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
              > http://cookbook.soaplite.com

              Thx :)

              > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
              > provide. Thank you.

              OK :) So long as you asked :)
              -Sx-
            • Ivan R. Judson
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
                Ok, a summary that might be clear enough to help is the following:

                I have a super class G, with methods event, and d_event.
                I have subclasses D and C.
                D implements neither event nor d_event.
                C implements event by calling SUPER::event, then iterating over it's list of
                D's and calling D->event.

                C and D are SOAP servers on different machines.

                C->event works, and it calls D->d_event. D->d_event never gets passed to G,
                where it's implemented.

                I'm working on simple example code, but it's a hairy problem :-).

                --Ivan

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
                  On 10/29/01 12:52 PM, "Paul Kulchenko" <paulclinger@...> wrote:

                  > My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
                  > to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
                  > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
                  > provide. Thank you.

                  Hello again :)

                  I am sorry to be a pest, but I am having trouble trying to get this
                  converted to a Perl/SOAPLite script:

                  POST /bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx HTTP/1.1
                  Host: 207.203.95.95
                  SOAPAction: "http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/ClassRoster"

                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                  <soap:Body>
                  <ClassRoster xmlns="http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/">
                  <strBrokerID>string</strBrokerID>
                  <strClassReferenceNumber>string</strClassReferenceNumber>
                  <strTerm>string</strTerm>
                  </ClassRoster>
                  </soap:Body>
                  </soap:Envelope>

                  Is example 5.a in the guide.soaplite.com site the one I should try to cram
                  this into?

                  ???
                  -Sx-