RE: [soaplite] Inheritance issue...

  • Ivan R. Judson
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
      I believe this is exactly my problem. But, when I put the package+ISA into
      a BEGIN{} block, I get "can't call method send_recieve on an undefined value
      at ... 395."

      It's getting sticky now, I'm wondering if I've wandered down the wrong path
      for what I'm trying to do...

      --Ivan

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
        Hi, Ivan!

        Small client code that produces this error will definitely be
        helpful.

        You may get this error if you do something like:

        my $proxy = 'http:/...';
        use SOAP::Lite
        proxy => $proxy;

        This code will NOT work even if you wrap it into BEGIN block (I
        posted explanaition on this list about a month ago. This is the way
        Perl works). If that's you case you can do something like this:

        my $proxy = 'http:/...';
        use SOAP::Lite;
        SOAP::Lite->self->proxy($proxy);

        -- OR --

        use constant PROXY => 'http:/...';
        use SOAP::Lite
        proxy => PROXY;

        Hope it helps. Let me know if it's something else.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- "Ivan R. Judson" <judson@...> wrote:

        > I believe this is exactly my problem. But, when I put the
        > package+ISA into
        > a BEGIN{} block, I get "can't call method send_recieve on an
        > undefined value
        > at ... 395."
        >
        > It's getting sticky now, I'm wondering if I've wandered down the
        > wrong path
        > for what I'm trying to do...
        >
        > --Ivan

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Bill Jones
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
          Where is the FAQ and examples site (if any) for this list?

          The actual stuff I downloaded could use some more examples with copious
          notes.

          Thx :]
          -Sx-
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
            Hi, Bill!

            You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
            http://cookbook.soaplite.com

            > The actual stuff I downloaded could use some more examples with
            > copious notes.
            My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
            to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
            and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
            provide. Thank you.

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • Ivan R. Judson
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
              Hey Paul,

              Thanks for the quick response! How does proxy issue you describe interact
              with the inheritance problem described before? I believe I'm running into
              the inheritance problem described by your example:

              > > > I'm not aware of any platform-dependant issues. Client/server
              > > code
              > > > definitely will help (you can send it offlist at
              > > > paulclinger@...). Only one ISA-related aspect that comes to
              > > my
              > > > mind is problem with this code:
              > > >
              > > > A->a;
              > > >
              > > > package A;
              > > >
              > > > @ISA = 'B'; # class B has method 'a'
              > > >
              > > > specified inheritance will not work unless package+ISA
              > > combination is
              > > > wrapped into BEGIN{} block.

              And when I do the begin block I start to see the send_recieve error. A
              small example is difficult, since I've got a hairy thing I'm trying to get
              working...I'll work on it.

              --Ivan
            • Bill Jones
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
                >> Where is the FAQ and examples site (if any) for this list?
                > You may find helpful http://guide.soaplite.com and
                > http://cookbook.soaplite.com

                Thx :)

                > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
                > provide. Thank you.

                OK :) So long as you asked :)
                -Sx-
              • Ivan R. Judson
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
                  Ok, a summary that might be clear enough to help is the following:

                  I have a super class G, with methods event, and d_event.
                  I have subclasses D and C.
                  D implements neither event nor d_event.
                  C implements event by calling SUPER::event, then iterating over it's list of
                  D's and calling D->event.

                  C and D are SOAP servers on different machines.

                  C->event works, and it calls D->d_event. D->d_event never gets passed to G,
                  where it's implemented.

                  I'm working on simple example code, but it's a hairy problem :-).

                  --Ivan

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 29, 2001
                    On 10/29/01 12:52 PM, "Paul Kulchenko" <paulclinger@...> wrote:

                    > My hope was that distribution has enough examples to get any one up
                    > to speed. I'm about to update cookbook with more questions, examples
                    > and details. I'll be more than glad to include examples you can
                    > provide. Thank you.

                    Hello again :)

                    I am sorry to be a pest, but I am having trouble trying to get this
                    converted to a Perl/SOAPLite script:

                    POST /bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx HTTP/1.1
                    Host: 207.203.95.95
                    SOAPAction: "http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/ClassRoster"

                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                    <soap:Body>
                    <ClassRoster xmlns="http://artemis.fccj.org/webservices/">
                    <strBrokerID>string</strBrokerID>
                    <strClassReferenceNumber>string</strClassReferenceNumber>
                    <strTerm>string</strTerm>
                    </ClassRoster>
                    </soap:Body>
                    </soap:Envelope>

                    Is example 5.a in the guide.soaplite.com site the one I should try to cram
                    this into?

                    ???
                    -Sx-