Re: [soaplite] (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using Soap or Soap::Lite?

  • Gisle Aas
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2001
      "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:

      > This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
      > it would need to be implemented at the LWP level, and I havent been able to
      > find any exisiting implementations. The module that you'd need is
      > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
      > there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
      > .
      > The open source web proxy project, squid, has some information available as
      > well: http://squid.sourceforge.net/ntlm/

      I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.

      Regards,
      Gisle
    • Bill Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2001
        On 10/26/01 2:56 PM, "Gisle Aas" <gisle@...> wrote:

        > "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:
        >
        >> This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -

        >> LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
        >> there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

        > I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.

        Hi Gisle :)

        As I am the one who needs it soonest, I am working on it as fast as my
        little Perl fingers will go :)

        However, please pardon me if I use the LWP code incorrectly, I know not what
        I do; once done I am sure other, more experienced Perl writers will
        correct/fix it.

        :)

        -Sx-
        William C (Bill) Jones
        Lead, Courseware Support Analyst
        (Lead e-Systems Developer)
        Florida Community College at Jacksonville
        501 West State Street, Rm 229
        Jacksonville, Florida 32202-4030
        wcjones@...
        PHONE (904) 632-3089
        FAX (904) 632-3007
        "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
        not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
        ::: Richard Nixon
      • Gisle Aas
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2001
          Bill Jones <sneex@...> writes:

          > On 10/26/01 2:56 PM, "Gisle Aas" <gisle@...> wrote:
          >
          > > "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:
          > >
          > >> This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
          >
          > >> LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
          > >> there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
          >

          > > I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.
          >
          > As I am the one who needs it soonest, I am working on it as fast as my
          > little Perl fingers will go :)

          There is now an NTLM module on CPAN by Mark Bush [1]. I would think
          that building on it should simplify the task of writing
          LWP::Authen::NTLM considerably.

          [1] http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=NTLM

          Regards,
          Gisle
        • ctcard_hotmail_com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
            I'm seeing this problem. Has anyone done any work on implementing
            LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm or LWP::Authen::Negotiate.pm since last October?

            Chris
            --- In soaplite@y..., "Dana Powers" <dana@t...> wrote:
            > This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can
            tell -
            > it would need to be implemented at the LWP level, and I havent been
            able to
            > find any exisiting implementations. The module that you'd need is
            > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it
            yourself,
            > there is protocol information here:
            http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
            > .
            > The open source web proxy project, squid, has some information
            available as
            > well: http://squid.sourceforge.net/ntlm/
            >
            > Hope this helps
            > dpk

            Soap::Lite?

            > > Subject: (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using Soap or Soap::Lite?
            > >
            > > Is there a way to perform NTLM WWW-Authentication via Soap or
            > > Soap::Lite?
            > >
            > > I am on Solaris 8 talking to IIS/5.0 w/WebServices; I've been
            > > trying (Perl) LWP::* with Soap::Lite; but I keep getting the
            > > following error:
            > >
            > > GET
            > >
            > http://207.203.95.95/bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx/ClassRoster?
            strBrokerID=ETB251
            > > &strClassReferenceNumber=138887&strTerm=20021 --> 401 Access
            Denied

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
              Hi Chris,

              --- ctcard_hotmail_com <chriscard1@...> wrote:
              > I'm seeing this problem. Has anyone done any work on implementing
              > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm or LWP::Authen::Negotiate.pm since last
              > October?
              There was a recent post on libwww list with NTLM.pm module that looks
              like a good candidate:
              http://www.mail-archive.com/libwww@.../msg03634.html

              It's on my list of things that I may need to implement, but would
              rather use if available. It isn't difficult to do having Authen::NTLM
              already implemented, but I don't have a server that supports NTLM to
              test with.

              HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
              http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
            • Fernando Villar <fvillart@yahoo.es>
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 2002
                I need to solve the same problem. Has anyone been succesful using
                the NTLM athentication with Soap::lite?

                --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "ctcard_hotmail_com"