autoresolve of "href" attributes?

  • Taras Shkvarchuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2001
      It appears that SOAP::Lite deserializer is trying to resolve the references when it sees one.

      When I am trying to build a message and attach the following body:

      <m:csvToXML xmlns:m="http://www.grandcentralservices.com/schemas/FlatFileTransformation"><csvInput href="cid:report.csv"/><output href="cid:report_new.xml"/></m:csvToXML>

      But when it gets to:

      my $som=SOAP::Deserializer->new->deserialize($contents);

      I get the following error:

      Unresolved (wrong?) href (report.csv) in element 'csvInput'

      Is there a way to turn off that auto resolve feature? I looked at SOAP::Deserializer::decode_value but didn't notice any option to turn that off.

      Thank you,
      Taras Shkvarchuk

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2001
        Hi, Taras!

        > Is there a way to turn off that auto resolve feature? I looked at
        > SOAP::Deserializer::decode_value but didn't notice any option to
        > turn that off.
        Hm. It's not configurable now. As far as I understand you'd like to
        process hrefs yourself. I can add on_href (or similar) event, but you
        can also override traverse_ids() method in deserializer which is
        called when element with href is found (or MIME message processed)
        and modify ids() or hrefs() lists. Another options is to override
        decode_value() method and handle hrefs yourself (if it's not yours,
        call SUPER::decode_value). What would you prefer?

        You may also take a look into mimedecode() method that handles this
        situation for MIME messages.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://personals.yahoo.com