Re: [soaplite] Base64 and Cyrillic

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 23, 2001
      Hi, Sergei!

      > > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI # or whatever server you
      > have
      > > -> encoding('isao-8859-1')
      > > -> dispatch_to(...)
      > > ;
      > >

      > Well, I'm really stupid... :(
      No, you are not ;). Sorry, should read:

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to(...)
      ;
      $server->serializer->encoding('iso-8859-1');
      $server->handle;

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Sergei Dolmatov <sergei@...> wrote:
      > On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:46:26AM -0700, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > > Hi, Sergei!
      > >
      > > --- Sergei Dolmatov <sergei@...> wrote:
      > > > I'd try to describe it more detailed - in perl client using
      > > > SOAP::Lite I set encoding('iso-8859-1') property in request.
      > > > AFAIK, other clients may have not this value (so, I still
      > didn't
      > > > find something like that in Delphi's HTTPRio).
      > > > And I got error 500 - wide characters in request.
      > > > So question is - how can I set on server's side encoding
      > property?
      > > > And is it even possible?
      > > Unfortunately can't tell you anything about Delphi, but you
      > > definitely can change encoding on server side for SOAP::Lite.
      > use:
      > >
      > > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI # or whatever server you
      > have
      > > -> encoding('isao-8859-1')
      > > -> dispatch_to(...)
      > > ;
      > >

      > Well, I'm really stupid... :(
      >
      > Output from error_log:
      >
      > Can't locate object method "encoding" via package
      > "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI" (perhaps you forgot to load
      > "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI"?) at
      > /home/sergei/public_html/SoapShop.cgi line 5.
      >
      > Where am I wrong?
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      > Sergei Dolmatov.

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Bill Jones
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 23, 2001
        Hi All :)

        I have a basic question, I've been playing with only a few days now but I am
        not sure how to 'implement' the few examples I've seen both here and on the
        WWW.

        I want to talk via SSL using basic authentication to:

        http://207.203.95.95/bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx/ClassRoster?strBrokerID=ETB251
        &strClassReferenceNumber=138887&strTerm=20021

        (Sorry for the long URL, you may need to fix formatting errors caused by
        posting.)

        I posted a NTLM question the other day and got two very good responses about
        various NTLM sites to get the protocol for implementing it in Perl (which I
        am following up on :)

        The remote server supports SOAP, GET, and POST - however, I am at a loss as
        to how to use SOAP to do this. Ultimately I want to parse the XML - but I
        am not sure I am even talking to the server correctly to start with.

        Any thoughts or references would be most appreciated :)

        -Sx-
        William C (Bill) Jones
        Lead, Courseware Support Analyst
        (Lead e-Systems Developer)
        Florida Community College at Jacksonville
        501 West State Street, Rm 229
        Jacksonville, Florida 32202-4030
        wcjones@...
        PHONE (904) 632-3089
        FAX (904) 632-3007
        "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
        not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
        ::: Richard Nixon
      • alexukua
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 18, 2009
          Example how to working with Ukraine text utf8

          my $utf8='Åëåêòðîííà á³áë³îòåêà';

          my $utf8 = pack 'U*', unpack 'U0U*', $utf8;

          my $title=SOAP::Data->name('title')->type('string')->value($utf8);