Re: [soaplite] Base64 and Cyrillic

  • Sergei Dolmatov
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 22, 2001
      On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:46:26AM -0700, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > Hi, Sergei!
      >
      > --- Sergei Dolmatov <sergei@...> wrote:
      > > I'd try to describe it more detailed - in perl client using
      > > SOAP::Lite I set encoding('iso-8859-1') property in request.
      > > AFAIK, other clients may have not this value (so, I still didn't
      > > find something like that in Delphi's HTTPRio).
      > > And I got error 500 - wide characters in request.
      > > So question is - how can I set on server's side encoding property?
      > > And is it even possible?
      > Unfortunately can't tell you anything about Delphi, but you
      > definitely can change encoding on server side for SOAP::Lite. use:
      >
      > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI # or whatever server you have
      > -> encoding('isao-8859-1')
      > -> dispatch_to(...)
      > ;

      Well, I'm really stupid... :(

      Output from error_log:

      Can't locate object method "encoding" via package "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI" (perhaps you forgot to load "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI"?) at /home/sergei/public_html/SoapShop.cgi line 5.

      Where am I wrong?

      --
      Regards,
      Sergei Dolmatov.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 23, 2001
        Hi, Sergei!

        > > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI # or whatever server you
        > have
        > > -> encoding('isao-8859-1')
        > > -> dispatch_to(...)
        > > ;
        > >

        > Well, I'm really stupid... :(
        No, you are not ;). Sorry, should read:

        my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
        -> dispatch_to(...)
        ;
        $server->serializer->encoding('iso-8859-1');
        $server->handle;

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Sergei Dolmatov <sergei@...> wrote:
        > On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:46:26AM -0700, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
        > > Hi, Sergei!
        > >
        > > --- Sergei Dolmatov <sergei@...> wrote:
        > > > I'd try to describe it more detailed - in perl client using
        > > > SOAP::Lite I set encoding('iso-8859-1') property in request.
        > > > AFAIK, other clients may have not this value (so, I still
        > didn't
        > > > find something like that in Delphi's HTTPRio).
        > > > And I got error 500 - wide characters in request.
        > > > So question is - how can I set on server's side encoding
        > property?
        > > > And is it even possible?
        > > Unfortunately can't tell you anything about Delphi, but you
        > > definitely can change encoding on server side for SOAP::Lite.
        > use:
        > >
        > > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI # or whatever server you
        > have
        > > -> encoding('isao-8859-1')
        > > -> dispatch_to(...)
        > > ;
        > >

        > Well, I'm really stupid... :(
        >
        > Output from error_log:
        >
        > Can't locate object method "encoding" via package
        > "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI" (perhaps you forgot to load
        > "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI"?) at
        > /home/sergei/public_html/SoapShop.cgi line 5.
        >
        > Where am I wrong?
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Sergei Dolmatov.

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Bill Jones
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 23, 2001
          Hi All :)

          I have a basic question, I've been playing with only a few days now but I am
          not sure how to 'implement' the few examples I've seen both here and on the
          WWW.

          I want to talk via SSL using basic authentication to:

          http://207.203.95.95/bill/BrokerEmployee.asmx/ClassRoster?strBrokerID=ETB251
          &strClassReferenceNumber=138887&strTerm=20021

          (Sorry for the long URL, you may need to fix formatting errors caused by
          posting.)

          I posted a NTLM question the other day and got two very good responses about
          various NTLM sites to get the protocol for implementing it in Perl (which I
          am following up on :)

          The remote server supports SOAP, GET, and POST - however, I am at a loss as
          to how to use SOAP to do this. Ultimately I want to parse the XML - but I
          am not sure I am even talking to the server correctly to start with.

          Any thoughts or references would be most appreciated :)

          -Sx-
          William C (Bill) Jones
          Lead, Courseware Support Analyst
          (Lead e-Systems Developer)
          Florida Community College at Jacksonville
          501 West State Street, Rm 229
          Jacksonville, Florida 32202-4030
          wcjones@...
          PHONE (904) 632-3089
          FAX (904) 632-3007
          "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
          not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
          ::: Richard Nixon
        • alexukua
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 18, 2009
            Example how to working with Ukraine text utf8

            my $utf8='Åëåêòðîííà á³áë³îòåêà';

            my $utf8 = pack 'U*', unpack 'U0U*', $utf8;

            my $title=SOAP::Data->name('title')->type('string')->value($utf8);