Re: [soaplite] (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using Soap or Soap::Lite?

  • Dana Powers
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 22, 2001
      This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
      it would need to be implemented at the LWP level, and I havent been able to
      find any exisiting implementations. The module that you'd need is
      LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
      there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
      .
      The open source web proxy project, squid, has some information available as
      well: http://squid.sourceforge.net/ntlm/

      Hope this helps
      dpk

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2001
        "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:

        > This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
        > it would need to be implemented at the LWP level, and I havent been able to
        > find any exisiting implementations. The module that you'd need is
        > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
        > there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
        > .
        > The open source web proxy project, squid, has some information available as
        > well: http://squid.sourceforge.net/ntlm/

        I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.

        Regards,
        Gisle
      • Bill Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2001
          On 10/26/01 2:56 PM, "Gisle Aas" <gisle@...> wrote:

          > "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:
          >
          >> This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -

          >> LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
          >> there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

          > I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.

          Hi Gisle :)

          As I am the one who needs it soonest, I am working on it as fast as my
          little Perl fingers will go :)

          However, please pardon me if I use the LWP code incorrectly, I know not what
          I do; once done I am sure other, more experienced Perl writers will
          correct/fix it.

          :)

          -Sx-
          William C (Bill) Jones
          Lead, Courseware Support Analyst
          (Lead e-Systems Developer)
          Florida Community College at Jacksonville
          501 West State Street, Rm 229
          Jacksonville, Florida 32202-4030
          wcjones@...
          PHONE (904) 632-3089
          FAX (904) 632-3007
          "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
          not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
          ::: Richard Nixon
        • Gisle Aas
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2001
            Bill Jones <sneex@...> writes:

            > On 10/26/01 2:56 PM, "Gisle Aas" <gisle@...> wrote:
            >
            > > "Dana Powers" <dana@...> writes:
            > >
            > >> This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
            >
            > >> LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
            > >> there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
            >

            > > I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.
            >
            > As I am the one who needs it soonest, I am working on it as fast as my
            > little Perl fingers will go :)

            There is now an NTLM module on CPAN by Mark Bush [1]. I would think
            that building on it should simplify the task of writing
            LWP::Authen::NTLM considerably.

            [1] http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=NTLM

            Regards,
            Gisle
          • ctcard_hotmail_com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
              I'm seeing this problem. Has anyone done any work on implementing
              LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm or LWP::Authen::Negotiate.pm since last October?

              Chris
              --- In soaplite@y..., "Dana Powers" <dana@t...> wrote:
              > This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can
              tell -
              > it would need to be implemented at the LWP level, and I havent been
              able to
              > find any exisiting implementations. The module that you'd need is
              > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it
              yourself,
              > there is protocol information here:
              http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
              > .
              > The open source web proxy project, squid, has some information
              available as
              > well: http://squid.sourceforge.net/ntlm/
              >
              > Hope this helps
              > dpk

              Soap::Lite?

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
                Hi Chris,

                --- ctcard_hotmail_com <chriscard1@...> wrote:
                > I'm seeing this problem. Has anyone done any work on implementing
                > LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm or LWP::Authen::Negotiate.pm since last
                > October?
                There was a recent post on libwww list with NTLM.pm module that looks
                like a good candidate:
                http://www.mail-archive.com/libwww@.../msg03634.html

                It's on my list of things that I may need to implement, but would
                rather use if available. It isn't difficult to do having Authen::NTLM
                already implemented, but I don't have a server that supports NTLM to
                test with.

                HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
                http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
              • Fernando Villar <fvillart@yahoo.es>
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 22, 2002
                  I need to solve the same problem. Has anyone been succesful using
                  the NTLM athentication with Soap::lite?

                  --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "ctcard_hotmail_com"