Illegal shift in TCP connections from one machine to another.

  • Juan Julian Merelo Guervos
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2001
      In my neverending quest for going into the deepest depth of the TCP
      connections, now I'm trying to connect, through TCP, two different
      machines, using the same code I used before for connecting two processes
      within the same machine. Needless to say, it does not work. I get this
      error:

      IO::Select->select() returned error: Desplazamiento ilegal at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/TCP.pm line 199
      SOAP::Transport::TCP::Server::DESTROY: ()
      SOAP::Serializer::DESTROY: ()
      SOAP::Deserializer::DESTROY: ()
      SOAP::Parser::DESTROY: ()

      That translates roughly as "illegal shift"

      That happens when the request is received; it looks like it gets the
      message, but the server does not like it and it dies. The client also
      dies with a timeout.

      Trying different timeouts didn't work either.... Has anybody tried this?

      Dream => http://dr-ea-m.sourceforge.net
      GeNeura Team => http://geneura.ugr.es
      OPEAL => http://opeal.sourceforge.net