Re: [soaplite] Unstable behaviour of TCP client/server

  • Juan Julian Merelo Guervos
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
      Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

      > > Hi,
      > > I managed to fix the problem with the client/server (thanks,
      > > Paul), but
      > > now I have another problem. The client sends objects to the server,
      > > complicated object, but it fails 1 out of three times, this way:
      > >
      > > Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
      > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
      > > uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
      > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
      > > uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
      > >
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread/XML/Parser/Expat.pm
      > > line 474.
      > > Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
      > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/IO/SessionData.pm line
      > > 160.Connection reset by peer
      > >

      > Hm, did you read the manual, right? Did you read the IO::Socket::Inet
      > Manual? You didn't? Well, if you had bothered to do so, you would have
      > noticed this:
      >
      > Listen Queue size for listen
      >
      > And then, you would know that you need to set the Listen parameter in
      > the TCP server to, at least, ten times the number of things you want
      > send...

      Now _you_ should read the manual yourself, man! If you kept reading, you
      would have noticed:
      Timeout Timeout value for various operations
      in the IO::Socket::INET, of course, which you should have know is the
      one used by SOAP::Lite... and then, by testing different values, like
      Timeout => 10, it would have worked....

      PS: It works now all the time, but it freezes from time to time... of
      course, timeout is too high. Any way to fix that?

      --
      Atalaya => http://granavenida.com/atalaya
      OPEAL => http://opeal.sourceforge.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
        Hi, Juan!

        --- Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jmerelo@...> wrote:
        > Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:
        > > Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:
        skipped...
        > > Hm, did you read the manual, right? Did you read the
        > > IO::Socket::Inet Manual? You didn't? Well, if you had bothered
        > > to do so, you would have noticed this:
        skipped...
        > Now _you_ should read the manual yourself, man! If you kept
        > reading, you would have noticed:
        :)) I didn't realize immediately you're talking to yourself ;)

        > PS: It works now all the time, but it freezes from time to time...
        > of course, timeout is too high. Any way to fix that?
        I don't think it freezes because of timeout (otherwise it would drop
        connection). Any other possible reasons?

        http://personals.yahoo.com