Re: [soaplite] Unstable behaviour of TCP client/server

  • Juan Julian Merelo Guervos
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
      Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I managed to fix the problem with the client/server (thanks,
      > Paul), but
      > now I have another problem. The client sends objects to the server, a
      > complicated object, but it fails 1 out of three times, this way:
      >
      > Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
      > uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
      > uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread/XML/Parser/Expat.pm
      > line 474.
      > Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/IO/SessionData.pm line
      > 160.Connection reset by peer

      Hm, did you read the manual, right? Did you read the IO::Socket::Inet
      Manual? You didn't? Well, if you had bothered to do so, you would have
      noticed this:

      Listen Queue size for listen

      And then, you would know that you need to set the Listen parameter in
      the TCP server to, at least, ten times the number of things you want to
      send...

      I _just_ can't stand these newbies....

      PS: ;-) ... just a proof that I keep testing things while I wait for an
      answer from the list. And I don't know if the answer is right, but it
      seems to work as a rule of thumb.
      --
      JJ Merelo => http://geneura.ugr.es/~jmerelo
      AEB'02 => http://aeb02.unex.es
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
        Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

        > Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > I managed to fix the problem with the client/server (thanks,
        > > Paul), but
        > > now I have another problem. The client sends objects to the server,
        > > complicated object, but it fails 1 out of three times, this way:
        > >
        > > Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
        > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
        > > uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
        > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1468.Use of
        > > uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
        > >
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread/XML/Parser/Expat.pm
        > > line 474.
        > > Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
        > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/IO/SessionData.pm line
        > > 160.Connection reset by peer
        > >

        > Hm, did you read the manual, right? Did you read the IO::Socket::Inet
        > Manual? You didn't? Well, if you had bothered to do so, you would have
        > noticed this:
        >
        > Listen Queue size for listen
        >
        > And then, you would know that you need to set the Listen parameter in
        > the TCP server to, at least, ten times the number of things you want
        > send...

        Now _you_ should read the manual yourself, man! If you kept reading, you
        would have noticed:
        Timeout Timeout value for various operations
        in the IO::Socket::INET, of course, which you should have know is the
        one used by SOAP::Lite... and then, by testing different values, like
        Timeout => 10, it would have worked....

        PS: It works now all the time, but it freezes from time to time... of
        course, timeout is too high. Any way to fix that?

        --
        Atalaya => http://granavenida.com/atalaya
        OPEAL => http://opeal.sourceforge.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
          Hi, Juan!

          --- Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jmerelo@...> wrote:
          > Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:
          > > Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:
          skipped...
          > > Hm, did you read the manual, right? Did you read the
          > > IO::Socket::Inet Manual? You didn't? Well, if you had bothered
          > > to do so, you would have noticed this:
          skipped...
          > Now _you_ should read the manual yourself, man! If you kept
          > reading, you would have noticed:
          :)) I didn't realize immediately you're talking to yourself ;)

          > PS: It works now all the time, but it freezes from time to time...
          > of course, timeout is too high. Any way to fix that?
          I don't think it freezes because of timeout (otherwise it would drop
          connection). Any other possible reasons?

          http://personals.yahoo.com