SOAP::Lite Server and Java client

  • Sheth, Niraj
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2001
      Hi,

      Can anyone provide me code-example(or URL) to pass hash from perl
      (SOAP::Lite server) to java client(as Vector)?

      I am pretty much newbie to SOAP(on both perl and java side).
      It's very simple from perl server to perl client, can't get it on java side.

      Thanks,
      -Niraj

      LEGAL NOTICE
      Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
    • damullens@lat-inc.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2001
        Hi,

        I found using the Map datatype to be best. You can create a hash in
        perl, tell it (via Soap::Datatype) it is a type of map and send it
        over. Java will see it as a Java.util.Map on the other side. It's
        been a while since I worked on this, so I'm a bit foggy on
        specifics...let me know if you need more info.

        Hope this helps,

        Dave.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2001
          Thanks Dave,

          I got it working ... but thought of writing down few lines so might be
          helpful to someone.

          From SOAP::Lite server

          SOAP::Data->type(map => \%info);

          Java Client

          SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOPAMappingRegistry();
          MapSerializer vecSer = new MapSerializer();
          smr.mapTypes (Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
          new QName(urn, "Map"),
          Map.class, vecSer, vecSer);

          -Niraj