FW: [radio-userland] SOAP::Lite and Radio

  • Dave Seidel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
      Forwarded from the Radio Userland mailing list.

      - Dave

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
        Hi, Dave!

        That's the part of the price we pay for out-of-the-box
        interoperability. ApacheSOAP requires SOAPStruct type for structures
        to be bind to 'http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap' URI. Unfortunately
        there is no easy way (if you know one let me know) to support without
        user intervention ApacheSOAP and non-Apache toolkits regarding this
        aspect. And i'm waiting for the next tookit that will require
        xsi:type attribute for Structs that will differ from Apache's and
        then user will need to specify it manually (why users should care who
        is on the other side of wire?). Anyway, you may alter it with
        maptype() call:

        $soap->maptype({SOAPStruct => ''});

        or point it whereever you like. Probably next version will support
        $soap->maptype({SOAPStruct => undef}) to allow you disable this
        mapping completely, but I still couldn't find the best strategy. Hope
        it helps and let me know how it goes.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Dave Seidel <dave@...> wrote:
        > Forwarded from the Radio Userland mailing list.
        >
        > - Dave

        =====
        Paul

        [http://www.bookmarkit.skif.net]
        [mailto:paulclinger@...]
        [ICQ# 12060682]

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Dave Seidel
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
          Hi Paul,

          Thanks for the speedy reply -- took me a while to try it because I was
          traveling.

          I added the maptype line immediately before the call into Radio, but I got
          the same result -- it's still calling out the same xmlns declaration.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
            Hi, Dave!

            --- Dave Seidel <dave@...> wrote:
            > I added the maptype line immediately before the call into Radio,
            > but I got the same result -- it's still calling out the same xmlns
            > declaration.
            then you have two choices:

            1. map SOAPStruct to other URI, like

            $soap->maptype({SOAPStruct => $SOAP::Constants::NS_ENC});

            2. disable autotyping

            $soap->autotype(0)

            as far as I know Frontier will work without type attributes also.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
              Hi, Dave!

              Forgot to mention. You may disable mapping completely with
              $soap->maptype({}); It may work in your case, though it depends on
              Frontier's reaction.

              Best wishes, Paul.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
                Thanks, Paul. None of these variants work yet, but I'm confident that
                there's a way to do it. My time is limited for a few days while I'm away at
                the Knowledge Technologies conference in Austin, but I'll keep playing.