SOAP server does not work

  • zweili2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi,
      I installed SOAPLite on Redhat Linux 6.0 (2.2.5-15) with Apache 1.3.6-
      7. The soap client works fine accessing SOAP servers on the
      Internet. But the server does not work (copied code from
      instructions). When run the server on comandline, got "Status: 405
      Method Not Allowed". When run the client, got "500 Internal Server
      Error". The Apache error-log showed "[Error] (8)Exec format error:
      exec of /home/httpd/cgi-bin/soapserver.cgi failed".

      soapserver.cgi:
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;
      package Demo;
      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }
      sub bye {
      return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }
      soapclient.cgi code
      #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
      use SOAP::Lite;
      print "<html><body>";
      $client=SOAP::Lite->uri('http://webserver.net/Demo');
      $myproxy=$client->proxy('http://webserver.net/cgi-
      bin/soapserver.cgi');
      $myresult=$myproxy->hi()->result;
      print "Server message: ".$myresult."<br>\n";
      print "</body></html>";

      Please tell me what my problem I have.

      Zwei
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hi, Zwei!

        --- zweili2@... wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I installed SOAPLite on Redhat Linux 6.0 (2.2.5-15) with Apache
        > 1.3.6-
        > 7. The soap client works fine accessing SOAP servers on the
        > Internet. But the server does not work (copied code from
        > instructions). When run the server on comandline, got "Status: 405
        > Method Not Allowed".
        That's correct. Server expects to get POST request and will return
        405 error when there is something else (or nothing as in your case).

        > When run the client, got "500 Internal Server
        > Error". The Apache error-log showed "[Error] (8)Exec format error:
        > exec of /home/httpd/cgi-bin/soapserver.cgi failed".
        >
        > soapserver.cgi:
        > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

        You don't have #! line that tells what executable will process this
        script.

        You must have this line or similar in the beginning of your script as
        you have on client side:

        #!/usr/local/bin/perl

        Also check that script has executable permissions. Everything else
        seems to be fine. Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • zweili2@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          Thaks Paul.
          I had #! and the permision is the same as the client. Is this
          problem related to the version of perl? I have "5.005_03 built for
          i386-linux". I installed SOAPLite with CPAN. Is there any configure
          problem?