SOAP::Lite WSDL limitations

  • Richard Liu
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2001
      Hi,
      The documentaion for SOAP::Lite mentions that there
      are certain limitations for WSDL, however most of the
      services that are announced from salcentral.com fail.
      For example, this perl script

      #!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w

      use strict;
      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite

      ->service('http://www.brentewood.com/services/Mail.asmx?WSDL');

      $soap->SendEmailSimple('xxx@...','xxx@...',
      "hello world", "here is some
      email" );

      fails with "Can't call method "namespace" on undefined
      value in SOAP::Lite.pm 1708"

      Is there a simple workaround for this ?

      Cheers
      Richard Liu

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2001
        Hi, Richard!

        > fails with "Can't call method "namespace" on undefined
        > value in SOAP::Lite.pm 1708"
        >
        > Is there a simple workaround for this ?
        It was a problem in v0.50 that was latter fixed. You can upgrade to
        v0.51 that doesn't have this problem. According to WSDL file service
        expects to get one complex parameter and you're providing four
        simple. Probably something like this will work:

        use strict;
        use SOAP::Lite;

        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        ->service('http://www.brentewood.com/services/Mail.asmx?WSDL')
        ;

        $soap->SendEmailSimple({
        from => 'xxx@...',
        to => 'xxx@...',
        subject => "hello world",
        body => "here is some email",
        });

        SOAP::Lite can't handle complex objects in WSDL, but there is a
        workaround. As far as I remember it was discussed recently on this
        list. Let me know if you still have problems.

        Best wishes, Paul.