Odd error, deserialization?

  • Ivan R. Judson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2001
      This is in my debugging output:

      SOAP::Serializer::envelope: ()
      SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Application failed during request
      deserialization: Unresolved (wrong?) href (ref-140483080) in element 'POC'
      http://alchesay.mcs.anl.gov:1180/

      It doesn't make any sense to me, but is it familiar to anyone else?

      On the client side I'm getting this (as part of my object's new call):

      $VAR1 = bless( {
      'POC' => bless( {
      's-gensym21' =>
      'http://alchesay.mcs.anl.gov:
      1180/'
      }, 'POC' ),

      the corresponding code on the server seems to be:
      bless( {
      'POC' => bless( do{\(my $o = 'http://alchesay.mcs.anl.gov:1180/')},
      'URI::http' ),

      Why would that bail? Something seems off to me.

      --Ivan

      Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
      Futures Laboratory .~. 630 252 0920
      Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2001
        Hi, Ivan!

        Could you show full wiredump for request? You will get this error
        ONLY when generate XML code has something like this:

        and there is no element <b id="123">. Such envelope is invalid and
        can't be properly deserialized. Looks like a bug on serializer side,
        that's why I need to see a wiredump and client side code. Thanks.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22, 2001
          Hey Paul,

          I can send a dump. The only thing that's got me confounded is my code won't
          print anything out when I enable debugging on the linux side. I've tried to
          enable it every way I could find in the docs/examples, but I've struck out.

          I'm using ActiveState 5.6.1, with SOAPlite 0.46, on a Linux Mandrake 7.2
          machine.

          Any thoughts?

          --Ivan

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 22, 2001
            Hi, Ivan!

            > print anything out when I enable debugging on the linux side. I've
            > tried to
            > enable it every way I could find in the docs/examples, but I've
            > struck out.
            use SOAP::Lite
            on_debug => sub{print@_};

            should print debug info on standard output.

            I would first recommend to upgrade to 0.51 and see whether you still
            have this problem.

            Best wishes, Paul.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 22, 2001
              Good thoughts Paul.

              I updated everybody to 0.51 and both debugging and my previous error have
              disappeared :-).

              Thanks for being so fast with your advice!

              --Ivan