Re: [soaplite] .NET client and Soap-Lite Server?

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
      Hi, Weidong!

      > name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching
      > dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part,
      > but the server complains:
      >
      > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test):
      > Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
      It's because you're using dispatch_to('My::Class') instead of
      dispatch_to('Your::Class'). Just kidding.

      It's because you're making static dispatch for 'My::Class', but using
      'Test' class. My::Class is just an example. If you want dispatch to
      'Test' you need to do:

      ->dispatch_to('Test')
      ->dispatch_with({'http://someurl/Test' => 'Test'})

      and everything should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

      > I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why
      > doesn't static dispatch work?
      You may, but you don't need to.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://search.cpan.org/doc/KULCHENKO/SOAP-Lite-0.51/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm#INTEROPERABILITY

      > > This link is version dependent, that's why I'm linking to
      > > perldoc
      > > rather than to CPAN. Let me know how it works for you.
      > >
      > > Best wishes, Paul.

      === message truncated ===

    • Weidong Wang
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
        Sorry, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.

        On the server side, I implement all my methods (call it method1, method2, ..., methodn) in a package called Test.pm. In my daemon.pl, I "use Test", and do "dispatch_to('Test').

        With .NET client, the SoapAction looks like:

        With just "dispatch_to('Test')", I got the error like:

        SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (method1): Can't locate method1.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
        But if I say

            dispatch_with({'http://someurl/method1' => 'Test' });

        method1 call works. But other method calls do not. So I have to list them all to make all work. Is there an easy way to say all methods are in this Test class?

        Thanks.

        Weidong

        --- Weidong Wang <wwang@...> wrote:
        > Thanks alot.
        >
        > Last question, so far I can only get it to work with dispatch_with
        > to give the full SoapAction specification (including the method
        > name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching
        > dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part,
        > but the server complains:
        >
        > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test):
        > Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
        >
        > I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why
        > doesn't static dispatch work?
        >
        > Thanks again.
        >
        > Weidong

        === message truncated ===

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
          Hi, Weidong!

          > But if I say
          >
          > dispatch_with({'http://someurl/method1' => 'Test' });
          >
          > method1 call works. But other method calls do not. So I have to
          > list them all to make all work. Is there an easy way to say all
          > methods are in this Test class?
          You may specify not only SOAPAction, but also URI value:

          ->dispatch_with({'http://someurl/' => 'Test' });

          which means "ALL requests with this URI will go to class 'Test'". URI
          should be EXACTLY the same, so check trailing slash in your case.

          I also double checked, and you DO NOT need to include
          ->on_dispatch('Test')
          with dispatch_with call mentioned above. This logic is already there
          ;).

          Best wishes, Paul.

          === message truncated ===

        • Weidong Wang
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
            Sorry, Paul. URI's dispatch_with() does not work. I got client failed to access error. I did have trailign slash.

            Also, when you say on_dispatch(), you meant dispatch_to()? The code does not like on_dispatch().

            Oh, to make the server responding to both .NET client and soap-lite client, I needed both dispatch_to('Class') and dispatch_with() with exact SoapAction for each method. That is what is working for me now.

            Weidong