Re: [soaplite] .NET client and Soap-Lite Server?

  • Weidong Wang
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
      Thanks for the quick reply. Now I have the problem that the server complains that it fails to access my class: can't locate myclass.pm in @INC (@INC contains:).

      I tried adding

      BEGIN {
          unshift @INC, '/users/wwang/soapgw';
      }
      to the beginning of my server code. That didi not help. I set env var INC. It did not work either. @INC is always empty. What do I need to do to make it to search my own directory (or to get the default @INC back)?

      Thanks.

      Weidong

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
        Either

        ## Pull in file explicitly
        require '/path/to/your/modules/module.pm';

        or

        ## Add script specific directory to search path
        use lib '/path/to/your/modules/';

        then

        use module;

        dpk
        to the beginning of my server code. That didi not help. I set env var INC. It did not work either. @INC is always empty. What do I need to do to make it to search my own directory (or to get the default @INC back)?

        Thanks.

        Weidong

        Unfortunately I can't tell you how to change SOAPAction in .NET on
        client side, but I can tell you how it can be done in SOAP::Lite ;).

        Instead of dispatch_to() method, you may try to use dispatch_with()
        that allows you to bind any SOAPAction or URI to specific class or
        object:

        dispatch_with({
          'http://www.soaplite.com/' => 'My::Class',
          'http://www.soaplite.com/method' => 'Another::Class',
          'http://www.soaplite.com/obj' => My::Class->new,
        })

        --- Weidong Wang <wwang@...> wrote:
        > Hi:
        >
        >     Has anyone had any experience using a .NET client to talk to a
        > SOAP-Lite server? I know the tricks needed to make SOAP-Lite client
        > to talk to a .NET server, but how do you make the .NET client to
        > generate the right SoapAction to trigger the soap-lite server to
        > load the right package and invoke the right method?
        >
        >     BTW, I tried to look at the following link, but could not get
        > there
        >
        > http://perldoc.anidea.com/SOAP/Lite.html#INTEROPERABILITY
        >
        >     Thanks.
        >
        > Weidong

      • Weidong Wang
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
          Got past this one. But it still does not work for me.

          I am using Soap-Lite client to simulate .NET client by sending a request with SoapAction in the format of:

              SoapAction: http://someurl/Test     (Test is the method name)

          I tried both dispatch_to with static dispatch and dispatch_with for SoapAction matching. But the server is not happy:

          SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present (got 'http://someurl/Test', expected 'http://someuri/Test#Test'
          So it seems to me that the SOAP-Lite server is insisting on seeing "uri#method" format, which .NET is not giving.

          Did I miss anything here?

          Thanks for all the help.

          Weidong

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
            Hi, Weidong!

            Oops. You're right. Forgot to tell. SOAPAction is checked against
            URI#method combination, so just disable this check on server side
            with

            ->on_action(sub{return})

            I will probably do it by default in future versions, because SOAP1.2
            is heading toward optional SOAPAction, so server will not mandate it.

            As for @INC problem. It's rather feature I'd like to change. To get
            desired result you need to put your class ALSO in dispatch_to:

            ->dispatch_to('My::Class')

            You need to do it only if you are loading other classes (or you can
            follow Dana's advice). I'll update the code, so you won't need to do
            that.

            Best wishes, Paul.

          • Weidong Wang
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
              Thanks alot.

              Last question, so far I can only get it to work with dispatch_with to give the full SoapAction specification (including the method name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part, but the server complains:

              SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test): Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.

              I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why doesn't static dispatch work?

              Thanks again.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 20, 2001
                Hi, Weidong!

                > name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching
                > dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part,
                > but the server complains:
                >
                > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test):
                > Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
                It's because you're using dispatch_to('My::Class') instead of
                dispatch_to('Your::Class'). Just kidding.

                It's because you're making static dispatch for 'My::Class', but using
                'Test' class. My::Class is just an example. If you want dispatch to
                'Test' you need to do:

                ->dispatch_to('Test')
                ->dispatch_with({'http://someurl/Test' => 'Test'})

                and everything should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

                > I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why
                > doesn't static dispatch work?
                You may, but you don't need to.

                Best wishes, Paul.

                --- Weidong Wang <wwang@...> wrote:
                > Thanks alot.
                >
                > Last question, so far I can only get it to work with dispatch_with
                > to give the full SoapAction specification (including the method
                > name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching
                > dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part,
                > but the server complains:
                >
                > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test):
                > Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
                >
                > I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why
                > doesn't static dispatch work?
                >
                > Thanks again.
                >
                > Weidong

                === message truncated ===

              • Weidong Wang
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
                  Sorry, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.

                  On the server side, I implement all my methods (call it method1, method2, ..., methodn) in a package called Test.pm. In my daemon.pl, I "use Test", and do "dispatch_to('Test').

                  With .NET client, the SoapAction looks like:

                  With just "dispatch_to('Test')", I got the error like:

                  SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (method1): Can't locate method1.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
                  But if I say

                      dispatch_with({'http://someurl/method1' => 'Test' });

                  method1 call works. But other method calls do not. So I have to list them all to make all work. Is there an easy way to say all methods are in this Test class?

                  Thanks.

                  Weidong

                  --- Weidong Wang <wwang@...> wrote:
                  > Thanks alot.
                  >
                  > Last question, so far I can only get it to work with dispatch_with
                  > to give the full SoapAction specification (including the method
                  > name, like http://someurl/Test). I tried to use static dispatching
                  > dispatch_to('My::Class'). or dispatch_with with just the URI part,
                  > but the server complains:
                  >
                  > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to access class (Test):
                  > Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at (eval 88) line 3.
                  >
                  > I suppose I can use dispatch_with to list all my methods, but why
                  > doesn't static dispatch work?
                  >
                  > Thanks again.
                  >
                  > Weidong

                  === message truncated ===

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
                    Hi, Weidong!

                    > But if I say
                    >
                    > dispatch_with({'http://someurl/method1' => 'Test' });
                    >
                    > method1 call works. But other method calls do not. So I have to
                    > list them all to make all work. Is there an easy way to say all
                    > methods are in this Test class?
                    You may specify not only SOAPAction, but also URI value:

                    ->dispatch_with({'http://someurl/' => 'Test' });

                    which means "ALL requests with this URI will go to class 'Test'". URI
                    should be EXACTLY the same, so check trailing slash in your case.

                    I also double checked, and you DO NOT need to include
                    ->on_dispatch('Test')
                    with dispatch_with call mentioned above. This logic is already there
                    ;).

                    Best wishes, Paul.

                    === message truncated ===

                  • Weidong Wang
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 21, 2001
                      Sorry, Paul. URI's dispatch_with() does not work. I got client failed to access error. I did have trailign slash.

                      Also, when you say on_dispatch(), you meant dispatch_to()? The code does not like on_dispatch().

                      Oh, to make the server responding to both .NET client and soap-lite client, I needed both dispatch_to('Class') and dispatch_with() with exact SoapAction for each method. That is what is working for me now.

                      Weidong