RE: [soaplite] two questions

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2001
      Hi, Ivan!

      > with methods getHandler and initHandler. This is almost exactly
      > like what I
      > want to do, except I want to do it OO on the server side. Perhaps
      > I'm
      > missing something (wouldn't be new), but I'd like to use
      > autodispatch from
      > the client on a "psuedoObject", so I don't understand how to merge
      > the two notions.

      in OO notation it might be:

      [server]

      package PersistentHandler;

      my $handler;

      sub new {
      $handler ||= initHandler();
      }

      sub initHandler {
      # like in usual new()
      }

      [client]

      use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch => ...;

      my $handler = PersistentHandler->new;

      Arun Kumar also recommended Class::Singleton instead of handwritting
      or new/initHandler.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- "Ivan R. Judson" <judson@...> wrote:

      > Hey Paul,
      >
      > In the first thread below there's a conversation about a persistant
      > handler,
      > with methods getHandler and initHandler. This is almost exactly
      > like what I
      > want to do, except I want to do it OO on the server side. Perhaps
      > I'm
      > missing something (wouldn't be new), but I'd like to use
      > autodispatch from
      > the client on a "psuedoObject", so I don't understand how to merge
      > the two
      > notions.
      >
      > Thoughts?
      >
      > --Ivan

    • Ivan R. Judson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2001
        Hey Paul,

        I was thinking it looked like that. Good to know I wasn't off too far.
        I'll probably write this by hand for now, then I'll search for example code
        with the Singleton thing (it sounds good to leverage).

        Thanks for all your help. When this is working, I'll send you a pointer to
        the stuff I've done. In the meantime, I can simply describe it as a control
        system for an Access Grid node (http://www.accessgrid.org/ for information
        on the general project).

        Thanks again!

        --Ivan

      • Rob Torop
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2001
          1. If $x is the result of a SOAP::Lite call, how can I print an XML
          representation of $x? I was hoping that SOAP::SOM would have an asString
          method or something.

          2. Suppose I need to write a service that generates responses that look
          like this:

          <SOAP-ENV:Envelope ... usual stuff ... >
          <SOAP-ENV:Body>
          <m:doSomethingResponse xmlns:m="Fish">
          <fish name="mackerel" shoeSize="9E"/>
          <fish name="dorade" shoeSize="8A">
          <comment>scrumptious</comment>
          </fish>
          </m:doSomethingResponse>
          </SOAP-ENV:Body>
          </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          I know how to use attr in SOAP::Data, but I can't figure out how to
          create _exactly_ such a structure: my problem is the nested <comment>
          tag.

          Thanks!