Re: [soaplite] question on sending a simple message versus waiting for a result

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2001
      Hi, Joe!

      > object to a method, and simply have the call return right away
      > without waiting for the method to return a result.
      As Duncan already pointed it depends on transport protocols. HTTP is
      request/response protocol by nature, so you need to return something.
      It might be 202 ACCEPTED or 204 NO CONTENT code, but something must
      be returned, otherwise client won't be able to distinguish between
      broken connection and legitimate lack of response. To do that, you
      may override make_response method on server side that which returns
      HTTP::Response object and put any information you need there. You
      will need to check status on client side
      ($soap->transport->is_success will return true when 2xx status code
      returned).

      Let me know if you still have a questions or need examples on how to
      do that.

      Best wishes, Paul.