Re: [soaplite] Asynchronous SOAP::Lite Calls with Apache::SOAP

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2001
      Hi, Aaron!

      btw, I just gon an advice from Geoffrey Young to change handler in
      Apache::SOAP to something like this:

      sub handler ($$) {
      my $self = shift;
      my $server = $self->new;
      $server->configure(@_);
      $server->SUPER::handler(@_);
      }

      Let me know if it works for you, I'll update the code then. Thank
      you.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- "Aaron E. Ross" <ross@...> wrote:
      > On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:19:46AM -0700, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > Paul>
      > Paul> Hi, Aaron!
      > Paul> You may take a look into SOAP::Apache module. Both
      > Apache::SOAP
      > Paul> (mod_soap) and SOAP::Apache (example of mod_perl handler)
      > are
      >
      > Thanks Paul.. I didn't now about SOAP::Apache, I will take a look.
      >
      > Paul> If you have ideas on how to combine their features in one
      > module, let
      > Paul> me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
      >
      > Will do!
      >
      > Aaron

    • Aaron E. Ross
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2001
        Paul>
        Paul> btw, I just gon an advice from Geoffrey Young to change handler in
        Paul> Apache::SOAP to something like this:
        Paul> sub handler ($$) {
        Paul> my $self = shift;
        Paul> my $server = $self->new;
        Paul> $server->configure(@_);
        Paul> $server->SUPER::handler(@_);
        Paul> }

        That's a nice trick to get the multiple inheritance. It doesn't quite solve
        my problem, but it does give me another place to work on it.

        Paul> Let me know if it works for you, I'll update the code then. Thank

        worked fine for all my tests.

        thanks, aaron
      • Aaron E. Ross
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2001
          On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:41:04PM -0400, Aaron E. Ross wrote:
          > Paul>
          > Paul> btw, I just gon an advice from Geoffrey Young to change handler in
          > Paul> Apache::SOAP to something like this:
          > Paul> sub handler ($$) {
          > Paul> my $self = shift;
          > Paul> my $server = $self->new;
          > Paul> $server->configure(@_);
          > Paul> $server->SUPER::handler(@_);
          > Paul> }
          >
          > That's a nice trick to get the multiple inheritance. It doesn't quite solve
          > my problem, but it does give me another place to work on it.

          Oops. I misunderstood that code. Can you explain to me what happens when
          the Apache::Request object is passed into configure and handler
          as the first arg. Can I access it later? or does it disappear?

          Thanks, Aaron