Re: [soaplite] Re: Trying to get the .dll to work in VB

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hi, John!

      Yes, I have a similar problems on my machine where I have three Perl
      installations and ActiveState Perl is not the *first* perl in the
      path. Another installation also has perl56.dll and it's causing
      problems with COM interface, because it looks for perl56.dll even if
      it's standalone library (it'll work if it won't found it, but it may
      not work if it does find this dll if it's from another distribution).
      You should be ok using minimal COM dll on machine where you have
      ActiveState installation and using standalone dll on machine where
      you don't have Perl/SOAP::Lite installed.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • jleone@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
        I only had Active State Installed. I updated it this week for this
        development, would the .dll be too new or something? And if I get
        the .dll it's compatable with and put it on my path, won't Active
        State default to that one and it could cause problems with Perl?

        > Hi, John!
        >
        > Yes, I have a similar problems on my machine where I have three Perl
        > installations and ActiveState Perl is not the *first* perl in the
        > path. Another installation also has perl56.dll and it's causing
        > problems with COM interface, because it looks for perl56.dll even if
        > it's standalone library (it'll work if it won't found it, but it may
        > not work if it does find this dll if it's from another
        distribution).
        > You should be ok using minimal COM dll on machine where you have
        > ActiveState installation and using standalone dll on machine where
        > you don't have Perl/SOAP::Lite installed.
        >
        > Best wishes, Paul.
        >
        > --- jleone@n... wrote:
        > > Hi Paul,
        > >
        > > I got it. I removed Perl from my main machine and then it
        worked.

        > > Apparently Perl was overriding something or other. Now I got to
        > > figure out how to get Perl back on my machine. If need be I can
        > > run
        > > it off a server, but would like to have it on my personal
        > > developement machine.
        > >
        > > It was such a relief to get it to work.
        > >
        > > Oh, and I have been using the stand alone .dll
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > John.
        > >
        > > --- In soaplite@y..., Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@y...> wrote:
        > > > Hi, John!

        > > machine,
        > > > If you use standalone version of COM interface you don't need
        > > have
        > > > Perl or SOAP::Lite installed on that machine. If you use small
        > > > version, then you need to have ActiveState Perl installed (it
        > > looks
        > > > for per56.dll) as well as SOAP::Lite and other required
        > > libraries.
        > > > Let me know if you still have problems.
        > > >
        > > > Best wishes, Paul.

        > > soaplite
        > > on

        > > perl

        > > machine,

        > > examples

        > > (you
        > > documentation
        > > directory

        > > stuff.

        > > and

        > > pasted
        > > in

        For

        > > the

        > > > Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with
        Yahoo!

        > > Messenger
        > > > http://im.yahoo.com

        Messenger