Re: Trying to get the .dll to work in VB

  • jleone@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2001
      Unfortunately, it's not that simple. But I did find the examples and
      I did read the README. I unregistered and re-registered the control
      just to be sure, but none of the examples work. The forementioned VB
      code generates the same error.

      > Hi, John!
      >
      > > Runtime error '-2147221231 (800401111)'
      > > Automation error
      > > ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class
      > Looks like you didn't register Lite.dll with
      >
      > > regsvr32 Lite.dll
      >
      > command. You may get Lite.dll from http://soaplite.com/ (you don't
      > need to have Perl installation to run it) and all documentation
      > related to COM interface is located in examples/COM directory (part
      > of SOAP::Lite distribution). You'll find there README and examples
      in
      > VB, ASP, VBA, JavaScript, PerlScript, Perl and C#. Hope it helps.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > --- jleone@n... wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm a newbie to soap. 2nd week of messing with this stuff.
      > >
      > > I got SOAP::Lite Demo script to work in Perl with server and
      > > client.
      > >
      > > Now I'm trying to get the control to work in VB. I pasted in the
      > > example and get the following error message.
      > >
      > > Runtime error '-2147221231 (800401111)'
      > > Automation error
      > > ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class
      > >
      > > MsgBox CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").new( _
      > > "proxy", "http://services.xmethods.net/soap", _
      > > "uri", "urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes" _
      > > ).getQuote("MSFT").result
      > >
      > > I also think I'm missing something in locating docs. For the
      soap
      > > lite control the only documentation I've found is this example.
      > > I'm
      > > working in VB6 SP5. Any help would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > John.

      Messenger
    • jleone@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
        Hi,

        Well, I got it to work. I got it to work by installing soaplite on
        my other machine and it worked right out of the box with my perl
        server. The question I have is this, what .dll is the soaplite
        control dependent on, so I can compare the .dll on each machine,
        until I get it working on both.

        Any insights are appreciated,

        Thanks,
        John.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
          Hi, John!

          > server. The question I have is this, what .dll is the soaplite
          > control dependent on, so I can compare the .dll on each machine,
          > until I get it working on both.
          If you use standalone version of COM interface you don't need to have
          Perl or SOAP::Lite installed on that machine. If you use small
          version, then you need to have ActiveState Perl installed (it looks
          for per56.dll) as well as SOAP::Lite and other required libraries.
          Let me know if you still have problems.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • jleone@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            I got it. I removed Perl from my main machine and then it worked.
            Apparently Perl was overriding something or other. Now I got to
            figure out how to get Perl back on my machine. If need be I can run
            it off a server, but would like to have it on my personal
            developement machine.

            It was such a relief to get it to work.

            Oh, and I have been using the stand alone .dll

            Thanks,
            John.

            > Hi, John!
            >
            > > server. The question I have is this, what .dll is the soaplite
            > > control dependent on, so I can compare the .dll on each machine,
            > > until I get it working on both.
            > If you use standalone version of COM interface you don't need to
            have
            > Perl or SOAP::Lite installed on that machine. If you use small
            > version, then you need to have ActiveState Perl installed (it looks
            > for per56.dll) as well as SOAP::Lite and other required libraries.
            > Let me know if you still have problems.
            >
            > Best wishes, Paul.
            >
            > --- jleone@n... wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Well, I got it to work. I got it to work by installing soaplite
            on

            > > my other machine and it worked right out of the box with my perl
            > > server. The question I have is this, what .dll is the soaplite
            > > control dependent on, so I can compare the .dll on each machine,
            > > until I get it working on both.
            > >
            > > Any insights are appreciated,
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > John.
            > >
            > > --- In soaplite@y..., jleone@n... wrote:
            > > > Unfortunately, it's not that simple. But I did find the
            examples

            > > and
            > > > I did read the README. I unregistered and re-registered the
            > > control
            > > > just to be sure, but none of the examples work. The
            > > forementioned
            > > VB
            > > > code generates the same error.

            > > don't
            > > (part
            > > examples
            > > > in
            > > helps.

            > > the

            > > > soap
            > > example.

            > > Yahoo!
            > > > Messenger

            Messenger
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
              Hi, John!

              Yes, I have a similar problems on my machine where I have three Perl
              installations and ActiveState Perl is not the *first* perl in the
              path. Another installation also has perl56.dll and it's causing
              problems with COM interface, because it looks for perl56.dll even if
              it's standalone library (it'll work if it won't found it, but it may
              not work if it does find this dll if it's from another distribution).
              You should be ok using minimal COM dll on machine where you have
              ActiveState installation and using standalone dll on machine where
              you don't have Perl/SOAP::Lite installed.

              Best wishes, Paul.

              http://im.yahoo.com
            • jleone@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
                I only had Active State Installed. I updated it this week for this
                development, would the .dll be too new or something? And if I get
                the .dll it's compatable with and put it on my path, won't Active
                State default to that one and it could cause problems with Perl?

                > Hi, John!
                >
                > Yes, I have a similar problems on my machine where I have three Perl
                > installations and ActiveState Perl is not the *first* perl in the
                > path. Another installation also has perl56.dll and it's causing
                > problems with COM interface, because it looks for perl56.dll even if
                > it's standalone library (it'll work if it won't found it, but it may
                > not work if it does find this dll if it's from another
                distribution).
                > You should be ok using minimal COM dll on machine where you have
                > ActiveState installation and using standalone dll on machine where
                > you don't have Perl/SOAP::Lite installed.
                >
                > Best wishes, Paul.
                >
                > --- jleone@n... wrote:
                > > Hi Paul,
                > >
                > > I got it. I removed Perl from my main machine and then it
                worked.

                > > Apparently Perl was overriding something or other. Now I got to
                > > figure out how to get Perl back on my machine. If need be I can
                > > run
                > > it off a server, but would like to have it on my personal
                > > developement machine.
                > >
                > > It was such a relief to get it to work.
                > >
                > > Oh, and I have been using the stand alone .dll
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > John.
                > >
                > > --- In soaplite@y..., Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@y...> wrote:
                > > > Hi, John!

                > > machine,
                > > > If you use standalone version of COM interface you don't need
                > > have
                > > > Perl or SOAP::Lite installed on that machine. If you use small
                > > > version, then you need to have ActiveState Perl installed (it
                > > looks
                > > > for per56.dll) as well as SOAP::Lite and other required
                > > libraries.
                > > > Let me know if you still have problems.
                > > >
                > > > Best wishes, Paul.

                > > soaplite
                > > on

                > > perl

                > > machine,

                > > examples

                > > (you
                > > documentation
                > > directory

                > > stuff.

                > > and

                > > pasted
                > > in

                For

                > > the

                > > > Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with
                Yahoo!

                > > Messenger
                > > > http://im.yahoo.com

                Messenger